Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • ultralight backpacking.
  • charliedontsurf

One of the best bits of kit I got for backpacking was an osprey exos backpack.

Very comfortable, countless clever features and saved over a kg compared to the berghaus pack.

Osprey packs

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Matt, ditto the Montane dyno, awesome jacket for the money. I’m for buying another soon for when this one dies!.

Pieface

Are Iodine tablest up to the job of water purification in this country, or is it worth spending £20 on the filter.

Surely you still carry more than 1 ltr of water as you don’t always know there’ll be a water source where you’re camping, or do you just top up to make sure you have as close to 1 litre whenever you can?

vorlich
    Free Member

I usually carry 1ltr in a platy bottle when walking and refill it and a 1.8ltr platy for around camp/overnight. I only drink from springs or fast flowing sources when in the hills. Boil anything that I’m dubious about, but otherwise don’t chemically treat anything. No issues so far.

jameso

I used iodine drops and was sh1ts-free in Nepal for 4 weeks despite not being very careful otherwise (general dislike of buying bottled water in places where there’s no disposal infrastructure), so I’d expect it’d cope fine in the UK too. Otherwise, fast-flowing water and a few mins on boil has never given me a problem either.

vorlich
    Free Member

James, I had my first ride [only around the block] with the forks and brakes on my Scandal last night. A bit of GT85 on the stanchions has brought the carbon up real nice. Can’t wait to try on a longer ride! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘ultralight backpacking.’ is closed to new replies.