Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ultralase gone into administration, been bought by optimax
  • matthewmountain
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking of hopefully becoming glasses free, and having laser eye surgery. Ultralse seemed from my research to be the best place to have it done, but now they’ve gone bust and been bought by optimax.

My eyes are -1 and -1.25 so not bad but, I also do a lot of water sports as well as cycling so was seriously considering the operation. However this has put me off slightly. Having said that a friend had his done 10 years ago by Boots and he said its the best thing he ever did, no side effects and perfect vision. Boots no longer offer the service.

Has anybody had the treatment with Optimax? All the three main providers seem to claim the best equipment, surgeons etc

Any thoughts?

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Yes, I had my done in Ipswich. I got a BOGOF too – best £500 I have ever spent. Excellent service all round. I had all bar one of the check ups over the following six months in Ipswich. I even had one in Birmingham because I was visiting a friend that weekend.

The only bad thing I found was that the Ipswich waiting room always had Will Young on repeat!
    Op done in 2004 and I have no problems what so ever.

matthewmountain
    Free Member

How short sighted were you?

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

-4.75 and -4.5 from what I remember. I got fed up of having to take contact lenses out. Plus in the long run it saved me a fortune

ir_bandito
    Free Member

not had treatment (lucky enough to have good eyesight) but I did notice you can use Tesco clubcard points at Optimax the other day….

Sandwich

Did they see it coming?

That one at the back in beige is mine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ultralase gone into administration, been bought by optimax’ is closed to new replies.