Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ultra HD
  • Rockape63
    Free Member

Redeveloped my house just now and installed a new TV to future proof it for a ‘while’. So now watching the Canadian Grand Prix in Ultra HD and loving it!

Obviously my wife doesn’t notice any difference though!

angeldust
    Free Member

Watching the GP too, and it looks great. Difference between HD and UHD is night and day if the screen is big enough (and your eyes are good enough).

nosedive
    Free Member

What are you using as the UHD source? My tv has some sort of 4k but havent played anything uhd yet except for a demo on iplayer

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    angeldust
    Free Member

Sky Q, Amazon UHD, 4k blue rays etc

Hadge
    Free Member

If you have Sky Q can you get BT Sport in UHD too or do you need to be a BT customer? My Sky Q is being installed in a week as I’m currently getting a very good discounted price for my Sky package.

angeldust
    Free Member

Last time I checked, if you are a Sky Q customer, BT sport is not available in UHD (HD only). Pity as UHD channel is dolby atomos too.

Hadge
    Free Member

I thought as much. Damn. Oh well never mind.

angeldust
    Free Member

Also, bit of a heads up on Sky Q. They could not get the system (specifically the WiFi mesh) to work satisfactorily in my house. Sky engineers tried to fix a couple of times, in the end I had to connect my boxes using power lines. I ended up showing the engineer (who I happened to know through dog walking) how to fix :roll:. Not ideal (really Sky should be on top of this), but everything works perfectly using this configuration. There are loads of similar stories if you google it. I’m amazed Sky have not launched their own power line products yet (they have been on the cards since the launch, now mine works I’ve not really kept up with the latest).

angeldust
    Free Member

Also note II on Sky Q: UHD is largely limited to premiership football, the F1, and movies. The movies need to be downloaded separately (they are not scheduled in UHD).

Rockape63
    Free Member

Yeah Sky Q and although the wifi mini box works well, 70% of the time, it loses the signal at times which gets very frustrating! I wasn’t aware BT sport wasn’t available in UHD though. 🙁

angeldust
    Free Member

Yeah Sky Q and although the wifi mini box works well, 70% of the time, it loses the signal at times which gets very frustrating! I wasn’t aware BT sport wasn’t available in UHD though.

70% of the time is just no where near good enough. The Sky engineers kept telling me that the technology was not really ready for release, and that powerlines would solve the issue, but since Sky had not released them, they had not been trained, and did not really understand the technology.

Apparently the guys that designed the system advised that it should not be released until the Sky powerline system was ready. A year on, it still hasn’t been launched!

A 3rd party powerline system fixed everything for me.

Rockape63
    Free Member

70% of the time is just no where near good enough.

I agree!

A 3rd party powerline system fixed everything for me.

I really have no idea what a 3rd party powerline is! 😕

UHD is nice – brilliant picture on our Samsung, however HDR is where you need to be for the WOW factor

Cougar

I really have no idea what a 3rd party powerline is!

Third party = not made by Sky.

Powerline = adapters to push the network signal over mains cable (which is bloody voodoo if you ask me).

angeldust
    Free Member

Powerline = adapters to push the network signal over mains cable (which is bloody voodoo if you ask me).

Works incredibly reliably though!

UHD is nice – brilliant picture on our Samsung, however HDR is where you need to be for the WOW factor

Agreed, HDR makes a big difference.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ultra HD’ is closed to new replies.