• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ultimate use vybe suspension seat post. Is it any good?
  • ColdAndWet
    Free Member

I have lower back pain following surgery and I’m keen to keep riding.

Does anyone have any feedback good or bad for this seatpost?

I’ve also looked at the thud buster but the vybe looks neater and my riding is mostly commuting on bumpy roads with the occasional gravel track.

Not many retailers seem to sell them. I need a 27.2 with hard spring for my weight.

Cheers

Neil

stom86
    Free Member

Hi

I haven’t tried that particular seat post. But I have also been using suspension seat posts due to back pain.

I have been using the Thudbuster LT on my mountain bike. I found it a little “bouncy” and I felt the need to fit harder elastomers, than it came with. My weight is about 90kg. But ultimately I think has been very help full and it makes the ride substantially more comfortable.

I am currently using a Suntour SP12-NCX on my commuting hybrid bike. I selected this post because it was substantially cheaper than a thudbuster would have been, but better quality than the previous cheapo zoom jobbie which had finally seized after years of neglect. My suntour post seems to have a fairly hard spring fitted by default and it has a pre-load adjustment which I leave in the softest position. It seems to have a fair amount of stiction; which reduces how helpfull it is for general road vibration. It does move properly when encountering larger wrinkles in the tarmac or the odd pot hole, improving the overall comfort of a ride.

I too would be interested to hear what other people make of the Ultimate use vybe.

Thomas

st

I’ve just fitted an old Vybe to my Cannondale Slate. It was lying around spare after arriving on a second-hand bike a while back. It’s used but seems tight so I assume it’s working as a new one should.

It seems to work well, I’ve fitted the harder elastomers and spring to give minimal movement on the road but I do feel it working when I go off-road and hit bumps. It does have a noticeable top-pout clunk which I can see being annoying in full offroad use with a softer setting but for me it’s fine.

Years ago I had a Thudbuster which was very very good. Initially it’s a little disconcerting that you move backwards on the bike when it compresses but I soon got used to it. The action is very smooth and for what is an elastomer sprung system I was surprised how effective it was.

I’m not sure what availability is like on these high end suspension seatposts now, last time I looked they seemed to be a dying component.

ColdAndWet
    Free Member

Hi All

Thank you for your detailed comments

I have just ordered the thudbuster st because there was far more good feedback online compared to the vybe (which may be good but I couldn’t find much about it). Also I quite like the small amount of layback on the thudbuster which the vybe doesn’t have.

Hopefully it will make my ride more comfortable…but it’s a guess until purchased and ridden!

Cheers

Neil

coffeeaddikt
    Free Member

Sorry to come so late to the game, How is the Tudbuster treating you? The Vibe has been actually been around much longer than you think, you may find more information when you look for the USE shock post. ULTIMATE is the ‘new’ name for the USE hardware.

I have one fitted to my P7, its so subtle that its not till you ride a fixed post that you realise how much it actually does for the comfort of the ride. I believe the vibe is one of the lightest of it kind, and easiest to service too!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ultimate use vybe suspension seat post. Is it any good?’ is closed to new replies.