Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ultimate ti or steel hardtail and nukeproof mega??
  • ragleysi
    Free Member

I’m torn between building an awesome Stanton slackline ti, with a 150mm fork ( if I can get hold of one when I have my funds sorted) I would have to sell my nukeproof mega though to help fund it, or do I keep the mega and build a steel slack line instead, and become a proud owner of 2 awesome bikes instead of 1 amazing bike????? Aaaargh!!! What do I do?? Your thoughts please…….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

2 bikes are better than 1 bike
    FACT

kayak23

I have a Mega and an awesome steel hardtail(Prince Albert). It’s the winning combo fo shizzle.

Cheezpleez

No brainer – 2 bikes wins. Build a Buzzard though.

soobalias
    Free Member

I have a (yellow) Mega and an (black) steel hardtail, PA.

stevede
    Free Member

I’d go down the route if you can afford it of keeping the mega and getting a steel mk2 slackline when they arrive on sale, 44mm headtube and a 31.6 dropper compatible seat tube, always nice to have 2 bikes.
    On the other hand i own a ti slackline and it’s simply awesome, run mine with a fox 36 lowered to 140mm and it’s a beast, ride everything on it – dh, xc and everything in between. I have a dh bike as well but i do like throwing the slackline down a dh track, love taking it to gawton (my local ish dh). The angles are bang on and that won’t be any different on the steel version.

ragleysi
    Free Member

Yup, spoke to dan this morning about the new version, with reverb friendly post tube, could well be a plan, I’ve never had a ti bike, and his ti slack line is exquisite, so it is really tempting, but I’ll probably go down the 2 bike route I think, like you say 2 bikes are deffo better than one…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ultimate ti or steel hardtail and nukeproof mega??’ is closed to new replies.