• This topic has 69 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Ultimate showdown – RAGLEY Vs ON-ONE – Who wins – You decide
  • Anyone interested in a titanium Alpine should contact Mark (the manager) at The Bike Chain in Edinburgh as he is trying to make something happen on that front. Nothing concrete at present so please don’t e-mail me about it as I won’t be getting involved until Mark has at least 15-20 firm commitments.

5lab

NS bikes ‘Surge’. Pretty much the same thing as a 456, but more fun

ton

i would love a blue pig or mm bop in a 29r flavour………….. 😉
    i am sure i had a conversation with mr richards about this……….or i may have dreamed it. 😆

AndyRT
    Free Member

Ti 456 (Brant Design) is my best ever hard tail. Perfect bike for Surrey Hills, also did the SDW in one ( very slow) attempt, so could this be the most versatile bike? I say YES 😛

Never tried the Ragley shed stuff though.

rOcKeTdOg

neither count as they have 26″ wheels and we all know how rubbish they are 😉

AlexSimon

I haven’t ridden either. So going on graphics and paint, I choose Ragley.
    Mainly because of that ‘refreshers’ model.

gamo
    Free Member

Have had various on ones, currently ti456 and a steel inbred,test rode a ragely ti and I wouldn’t
    swap the ti456 for one! my vote goes to on one.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

is this the “how far up brant’s arse can I get” thread?

ton

is this the “how far up brant’s arse can I get” thread?

no it is a ‘which is the best cheap vfm bike brand’ thread

MrSmith
    Free Member

that’s Genesis.

karnali
    Free Member

loved my pompino so on one it is

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

that’s Genesis.

+1 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

The Ragley TD-1 I borrowed for Hit The North and Kielder100 was way better than the Inbred I’ve had for 5 years or so. But that’s not really a fair comparison 🙂

Brant designed the 456 6 years ago. Is it likely that he’s got worse at designing frames in the last six years? 😉

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

that’s Genesis.

+2

MrSmith
    Free Member

i don’t own a gensesis. it’s just a non fanboy observation of their range of different bikes, dealer network and pricing.
    i did ride an alfine IO once, which was nice 🙂

poppa
    Free Member

I thought Genesis VFM had taken a plunge over the last year or so, but that’s just based on hearsay and not bothering to look. I suppose most brands have really.

accu
    Free Member

+2 for the ti alpine

Pieface

Prince Albert 😆

RDL-82
    Free Member

Well i had/have (still in box, just in case!) a 456 summer season that was ace but a chore needed to be slightly steeper imo, should of got a standard but the ss was v cheap, so decided to get a standard 456 when the Mmmbop came upat silly price, or should i say cheaper then the 456 so took a punt and tbh thats ace as well, is it better, not sure yet but definately hitting stuff faster, and not always by choice it just seems to be more eager/rides faster, buts that just imo all that steel is real stuff, cant say i noticed that either…anyway enough rambling both are ace, but tbh i wouldnt of got the Mmmbop at rrp as i dont feel it is that much better 😮

tk46hal
    Free Member

I have a TI456 and I wouldn’t swap it for anything else in this class unless it was another Lynskey!

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Rode 456 Ti and Ragley Ti back to back and much preferred the 456.

This may just be because it was most similar to my existing bike, whereas the ragley required a bigger change in riding style? who knows.

Chase
    Free Member

Having first owned a Summer Season I switched all the parts to an Mmmbop about 2 months ago. The only thing I can add is that my Pikes always felt like they underperformed. I never rated them at all, but switching them to the Mmmbop has made a huge difference to the same forks. I can only presume that the slightly different (seat tube) geometry is getting more out of the fork.

cookeaa

Far eastern built “British Brand” you say?

What’s wrong with DMR or Dialed?

massmoor
    Free Member

Ridden both flavours and just prefer the Ragley Ti.
    Lovely frame that just goes up mountain and down dale with minimum fuss.
    “Point and Squirt” is how I would describe it.

sv

Brant designed the 456 6 years ago. Is it likely that he’s got worse at designing frames in the last six years?

If he was at the top of his game 6 years ago probably 😉

Blower
    Free Member

aint had em all so **** knows..

seems like Ton’s the man as hes had the lot!!

got a blue pig and an inbred ss,both good,do the job in their own way.

get riding.

thread closed.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Never ridden any of them, but I did see a 456 once from a distance. I am therefore qualified to state that Ragley are WAY better than one on, probably. Or was it the other way round…

trailertrash

What On One though?

I’m really loving the mmmbop at the moment, but the thought of a Ti DB Alpine……

ssshhhh 😉

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

BFe.

+1 😀

Kuco

On-One Ti cyclo cross.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Ultimate showdown – RAGLEY Vs ON-ONE – Who wins – You decide’ is closed to new replies.