Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • ultimate road (& mtb) autumn/winter (and this rainy summer!) jacket/jersey?
  • roady_tony
    Free Member

hi all,

i saw a few months ago a review of some kind of ultimate cycling jersey/jacket that had reflective insulation removable inserts for more warmth, and a host of other features, but cannot for the life of me find the article or the jersey/jacket.

and while we are on the subject – if anyone has any recommendation of a mostly single layer that would do heavy wind/rain/autumn cold/winter cold jersey/jacket please leave them below 🙂

the Rapha softshell seems to suggests its the best – opinions too?

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Castelli?

Rapha softshell is fantastic, not waterproof though.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Endura FS-260

Windrpoof front pannels, roaubaix style on the back, mesh under the armpits. Perfect spring/autumn jersey, or winter with a baselayer.

roady_tony
    Free Member

wwwwwwwwwait a sec, for 290quid that rapha softshell is not waterproof???

pearl 3×1 jacket – hmmm
    Pearl I

roady_tony
    Free Member

ahhh it was the Castelli Radiation jacket!!!!!

Castelli

edit:
    more recent version
    castelli recent version

pebblebeach
    Free Member

£290??

flange
    Free Member

I’ve got one of the Castelli waterproof jerseys and its awesome. Might be worth a punt if you don’t want to go the whole hog with the jacket?

roady_tony
    Free Member

which one @flange?

roady_tony
    Free Member

@pebblbeach – sorry 240quid!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Gore tool from roylesbikes.biz pretty much waterproof and cheap as chips if they are still in the sale.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Eh the castelli is the same price and not waterproof either.

roady_tony
    Free Member

there was a big whoohaaa ages ago about claiming products are waterproof ‘v’ water resistant, waterproof mean ZERO water in, water resistant can be a different measure based up some kind of cubic feet per inches of rain per hour per mm let through the fabric type of thing,
    essentially a high water resistance can be almost as good as water proof

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Well you’ll be pleased to hear the rapha softshell is water resistant too. Which in my opinion means it resists water till its soaked through.

roady_tony
    Free Member

seems compared to the others too, the rapha one is cheaper, although you can get the others on deals at the moment….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘ultimate road (& mtb) autumn/winter (and this rainy summer!) jacket/jersey?’ is closed to new replies.