Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ultimate hardware workstand
  • duckers
    Free Member
    bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

80 quid!! $@%* orf!

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Someone’s flogging one in the classifieds for £30 posted mate

duckers
    Free Member

I can’t find that in the classifieds, can you post a link please?
    Do you mean the bikehut one?

swdan
    Free Member

I’ve seen then on there before and then realised I could get the exact same one from Rutland Cycles for £40, free postage and avoid all the Sports pursuit faff.

So far I’m pretty pleased with it, gets used every couple of weeks with no problems. It does have quite a large footprint with the feet extended but that makes it pretty stable.

I’ve used it on both mountain and CX bikes with no problems but always clamped in the cross bar, not tried the seat post etc.

All in all, perfect for what I wanted and would recommend.

vincienup
    Free Member

Personally my biggest problem with SportsPursuit is the super secretive website that makes it nigh impossible to follow a link without being dumped on the front page – certainly from a phone.

I’d like them a lot more and Shop more often if I could browse without faffing about logging in. No member:no sale seems fine to me, but no member:no look is just stupid.

swdan
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m member but it’s a pain a lot of the time. Also, like this work stand you can often get the products elsewhere for the same money without paying postage and with a simpler returns policy

vincienup
    Free Member

Having now seen the stand, looks fine for £35. Looks like the standard four leg base on many cheap stands with the head off the EC stand? I’ve got one of both and each has its issues. Overall I prefer the two leg EC because of the head, but the four leg and rag the wheels tight stand has probably been used more and will hold most things either TT, DT or SP depending on advisability for frame and practicality. Neither is very happy with something much over 30lbs or very heavy front wheel/fork combos in my experience and do tent to droop a bit unless angled down in the first place. I more or less gave up mounting a fatbike with both wheels on either of mine.

Edit: closer look, that’s a weird head arrangement. Definitely not EC although the crank at the back put me in mind of one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ultimate hardware workstand’ is closed to new replies.