Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ultegra 6800 FD trim
  • mrchrispy

Bought a nice shiny new Canyon road bike and as I’ve had chain drop off the the front chain ring before and hack up the frame round the bottom bracket I thought I’d get one of their chain catchers. Trouble is that it doesnt fit the frame (new endurace) so I raised it with them and they have this to say…

“Because your bike features the new Shimano Ultegra you do not require a chain catcher due to the trim of the front mech”

So does this mean its impossible for the chain to fall off the inner ring???
    I cant see how.

cheers_drive

It’s done it on my bike, I built it up though so perhaps not set up 100% correct

boblo
    Free Member

No it’s not impossible. Would a Dog Fang the fit? I’m not familiar with the downtube size/profile on the Canyon’s.

eshershore
    Free Member

nylon wear plate on the inside of the front derailleur cage, this is a replaceable item.

setup chain to near contact the nylon plate, or just touching you won’t feel it as its slippy, it will prevent the chain dropping to the inside

cloudnine
    Free Member

The nylon bit is called a skid plate if anyone is wondering what to search for when seeking a replacement.. (Just bought one)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ultegra 6800 FD trim’ is closed to new replies.