Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ultegra 11sp Di2 question
  • breninbeener

Mrs Beener has a gravel bike that has ultegra 11sp di2. Im not sure of the series as it isnt in front of me at mo.

It hasa 50/34 compact chainset and a 11-28 cassette. She has entered a lond distance race and they have advised a ratio of lower than 1:1. Mrs B is pretty strong but she has now decided she would like a lower bottom ratio. So…

Will a lower than 34 inner chain ring work with what she has? If so, how much lower?

Or will a 32t cassette be better…either in isolation or in addition to a smaller front chain ring? Imtrying tobavoid having to buy any new di2 mechs, but if that is reguired than i will have to do that….argh.

Any help much appreciated

onandon
    Free Member

New ultegra has an 11/34 cassette. Job jobbed 🙂

scaredypants

(it’s prob 6870)

dunno about the cassette size nut you could always get a lindarets roadlink or something similar for about 20 quid (18 bikes sell them and delivery’s quick)

shuhockey
    Free Member

11/32 will fit on the back but just check you havent got the short cage rear mech. I’m running 11/32 at the moment.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Lindarets Road Link is your friend here, plus the appropriate cassette (however most frames will let you run a 32t cassette just by winding in or buying a longer b-tension screw )

peteimpreza

As above 11/32 will fit

speedstar

I’m running a Praxisworks 48/32 chainset for the alps although you need a new BB. Not too expensive and excellent kit. I can’t get my short cage RD to work with 32 despite some saying they can.

Pridds

Running 50-33 and 11-32 on my 6870 ultegra di2 with no problems.

breninbeener

Thats great. Thank you for your help.

Pridds

If you have a short cage mech and need a medium cage you can you just buy the plates for £21 and change them yourself rather than buy a whole new mech
    Outer plate
    https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/gear-spares/shimano-ultegra-rd6800-outer-plate-plate-stopper-pin-gs-type-y5yc98080/
    Inner plate
    https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/gear-spares/shimano-ultegra-rd6800-inner-plate-gs-type-y5yc25000/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ultegra 11sp Di2 question’ is closed to new replies.