Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Ullswater area – downhill/freeride or just good riding and sweet trails!
  • stevey
    Free Member

Imagine my sadness when the missus said that her family have just booked a cottage on the shores of Ullswater and did I want to split my upcoming leave between being back in Scotland and going to stay with them for a week "…you could maybe get some riding in…" she said like she was going to have to persuade me!!! Anyway after being stuck on the south coast for the last year and having to make do with riding small downhill tracks, playing at bike parks and random follow the singletrack forest rides Im getting pretty excited about getting some proper riding in.

Basically im looking for suggestions where to ride in this area – anything from places to session for an hour or so to allday routes with the emphasis being on gravity assisted fun.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated

cheers

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Its all good, but a DH bike will kill you unless its one that pedals well and weighs as little as a feather!

clareymorris

Don't even know where to start!

When ar you staying, I'm sure there will be someone willing to come out and play!

trailmonkey

Strongly recommend the Vertebrae Graphics Lakes book. Some excellent stuff around Ullswater and Ambleside in it. I think you can get it through this site ? I bought it last year and I got about 6 really good rides out of it. I was staying just up the road at Brothers Water.

stevey
    Free Member

Staying just outside pooley bridge

thisisnotaspoon – wouldnt even dream of taking my DH bike ha, will be taking my Orange Patriot which is built up light!

hora
    Free Member

The Ullswater Singletrack 😈

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The singletrack heading north from the campsite at the southern end of ullswater, opposite glenridding.

if your anything like me you'll spedna whole week riding it repeatedly untill eventualy you can do the whole thing without either dabbing or cheeting and riding on the gras.

stevey
    Free Member

I'll be sure to have an explore of the singletrack

grumm
    Free Member

Dollywagon Pike/Grisedale off Helvellyn is a great long super techy downhill.

scuttler

Second Dollywagon descent for supertechy.

A two hour burn from Patterdale is:

North on Eastern shore OVER Silver Crag BW for a supertechy short descent – see here
    Ullswater shoreline to Sandwick
    Road and BW South up Boredale
    Super speedy BW back to Patterdale. Note that there are two parallel paths, the upper being the BW. Stay high when you first drop from Boredale Hause and you'll pick up the BW easily.

Plenty of extensions but if you're out holidaying with the folks you'll need the option of a quick blast.

matthewmountain
    Free Member

The Ullswater loop is fantastic. The lakeside singletrack section can get very busy with walkers on a sunny Sunday though!!

Has anyone managed to clear the climb from Patterdale to Boarddale Hause?

Steep with a few big steps thrown in. Fantastic!!

MM

stevey
    Free Member

stevey
    Free Member

clareymorris

Don't forget Tuesday evening 6:30 from the Lakeland pedlar car park in Keswick………we'll be there 😀

stevey
    Free Member

hi clare – is that a regular run that you do?

stevey
    Free Member

clareymorris

Hi Stevey – yep every Tuesday evening. You are more than welcome to join in the fun 😀

stevey
    Free Member

Cheers Clarey, you may well hear from me regarding that 😀

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Ullswater area – downhill/freeride or just good riding and sweet trails!’ is closed to new replies.