Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ullock Pike conditions?
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Hopefully going to finally get to ride down here soon. Not been up there for a while, are there any sections washed out that I need to be aware of? And is it a daft idea to attempt it solo? (Yes I know about the cheeky aspect)

Also, wondering about climbing/carrying up over Sale How from Skiddaw House. Is it easier or harder than the main track?

TomB

I go up carlside from Dodd wood. You can ride quite a bit of it, but you miss the steep descent from top of skiddaw, which some people like.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Looked fantastic from top of helvellyn today! ;-)))

Andy_K

Conditions are fine at the moment, good weather forcast for the next few days too.

There’s a couple of spiky bits that are hard head on, but if you look left, there is normally an easier option going around. No biggy to do it on your own, just pad up if you’re going for it.

Don’t bother going round over Sale How, big grassy, draggy, push. The main drag up is mostly rideable after the push up the zig-zags on Little Man.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Thanks for all that. I’ll cobble a route together depending on available time. I’d like to include Lonscale Fell, Dodd and Doups if I can, but may have to cut them out.

tomaso
    Free Member

Mate did it a couple of weeks ago and it looked tidy, but its is mostly rocks and not too many soggy bits until you get to the fields below.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ullock Pike conditions?’ is closed to new replies.