Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • ukuleles
  • headfirst
    Free Member

Been thinking about getting one for a while. Particularly inspired by youtube clips of the ukulele orchestra of GB. I have hitherto shown absolutely no musical ability. I believe that they're one of the easiest instruments to learn (apart from the triangle, remember that classic BA ad?) and I can pick one up online for as little as £9.99 from HERE. It would make an ideal father's day present from my girls.

So any experts out there who can tell me what to look for in a decent beginner's uke? 10 quid seems to good to be true. Our 'standard' ones soprano or tenor? Help me please.

headfirst
    Free Member

the aforementioned orchestra btw:

BigDummy
    Free Member

Tom Hodgkinson, of The Idler, considers the ukulele to be the quintessential punk rock instrument.

I don't have one mind, my un-played but potentially cool instrument is a banjo. 🙂

headfirst
    Free Member

Cheers BD, now I've got to get one!!! 8)

I can impress my teenager daughters' friends with my ditties when they come round!! My girls will love that, payback time! 😀

allthegearandnoidea
    Free Member

There's a guide to playing them in the latest issue of total guitar! 🙂 On the subject of what's good I have no idea.

donald
    Free Member
    miketually
    Free Member

A ukelele-playing troupe are visiting us this summer. They also ride bikes while wearing tweed.

My folk-singer friend (former race doctor for the Milk Race, trivia fans) is very excited because he wants them to play his song "Edie and Vi", which is inspired by Spam email.

1. What's the song about?
    2. From where can I get a cheap (free) tweed jacket?
    3. What's the song about?

headfirst
    Free Member

donald: OH.MY.GOD. That is awesome! (and i don't use that word often) especially from about 3 mins in.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Uke Hunt.

The site for you. Seriously…

Home Page

headfirst
    Free Member

Oi!! Who you calling…. oh,cheers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ukuleles’ is closed to new replies.