Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 311 total)
  • UKIP's 'Common Sense' bus hits Portsmouth Railway Station.
  • wwaswas

they seem to have a knack for getting attention, don’t they?

bikemike1968
    Free Member

Arf!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

[Tannoy]

PHOTOSHOPPISTS TO THE FORUM, PLEASE!

[/Tannoy]

😀

poah
    Free Member

lol

miketually
    Free Member

You could post it back to them at their freepost address 🙂

oldboy
    Free Member

PHOTOSHOPPISTS TO THE FORUM, PLEASE!

STW liberal leftist usual suspects to the forum please!

kimbers

The Monster Raving Looney Party must be gutted that Ukip came along, they just seem so effortlessly bonkers

bearnecessities

Who let a purple bus into the country?

Northwind

Have to say, they’ve gone way up in my estimation recently. As has miketually, good work chief

Northwind

<double post>

BigDummy
    Free Member

The Lib/Lab/Con conspiracy of trendy metropolitan bedwetters can laugh all they want at this slightly-crashed bus, but it’s only saying what we are all thinking.

bencooper
    Free Member

There’s a UKIP poster just down from my shop, and noticed today that someone has spray painted “Get tae f***” on it. Must get a picture.

Political commentary Glasgow style 😀

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve only just noticed the bus is crashed.

joshvegas
    Free Member

We needed a new hate figure in the flat.

GEDA
    Free Member

I have not lived in the country for the last 6 years and don’t get the UKIP thing. Can someone explain it to me? As I understand it loads of the laws from the EU are good such as environmental protection, workers rights, freedom to work in other countries, and consumer rights. As I see it the right wing do not like that kind of stuff so want out. People from other countries do love to come to the UK to work as it is much easier to start a business, get a job etc due to the flexible/rubbish labour laws that we have which are thanks to the neo-liberals as well.

Then comes the guy that says we are going to take all our powers back when, if you look to the example of Norway and Switzerland, to be part of the trade area they have to implement half the laws from the EU anyway and Norway contributes a lot of money to the EU budget.

So I do not really get the point why nobody points out any of this and could anybody explain the UKIPs point of view?

unklehomered
    Free Member

No, GEDA, you’ve pretty much got it there… problem is its really hard to make a headline from those observations that people can get all pretend angry about.

zippykona

On here I like to think we are a fair cross section of society. No one seems pro Ukip.
    I do hope that sentiment pans out country wide.
    Who the **** can think that the Tories aren’t big enough **** so we need Ukip?
    Get out and vote, even if you never have before, stop these arseholes getting a say.
    Please.

wwaswas

Ukip – a political party where 99.999% of the population can only name one member of.

derekfish
    Free Member

We got a leaflet at work today, even with the garbage they’ve written on it, it’s not going to stop our entire office voting for them.

Why? because voting for any of the others is a hell of a lot worse.

So you lefty hand wringers… you’re going to get yours as a result of the actions you’ve supported all these years.. Can’t stop pendulums swinging.. From wrong to wronger..

sbob
    Free Member

zippykona – Member

On here I like to think we are a fair cross section of society.

😆
    We are not.
    Look at the latest polls indicating UKIP support for proof.

GEDA
    Free Member

I suppose you are right about voting for anybody else. The right wing actually believe in something even if it actually leads to ever less control for the man on the street and more power to the corporations. And nobody actually wants to admit that it costs a lot to integrate people so that the population can make the most of their abilities and we have a functioning society. Pity the whole Scottish thing does not seem to have led to any soul searching about what’s broken in UK politics.

derekfish
    Free Member

zippykona – Member
    On here I like to think we are a fair cross section of left wing society.

ftfy

sbob
    Free Member

So I do not really get the point why nobody points out any of this and could anybody explain the UKIPs point of view?

We as a country are not really comparable to either Norway or Switzerland. They are very different.

UKIP’s stance appears to be that we can have trade and immigration with European countries, there is just no need for the UK to continue funding poorer EU countries and the European superstate itself.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

To be fair I don’t understand your point of view, which appears to be that the EU protects “workers rights” and that we have “rubbish labour laws”.

derekfish
    Free Member

GEDA – Member
    I have not lived in the country for the last 6 years and don’t get the UKIP thing. Can someone explain it to me?

It’s a protest thing against the status quo, pretty much all of which has screwed us in one way or another, so the Eu is a handy scapegoat and the more the lablibdemcons rail in favour of it, the more a population disenfranchised by the isolation the political classes often exhibit from reality, wether it’s supporting bankers, fat cat public sector wages at managerial level whilst cutting frontline services, the rich getting richer whilst the poor have their benefits slashed, the energy companies milking us, an element of uncontrolled and unregulated borders with no infrastructure improvement, there are any number of reasons to give Nigel a boost in an election that is regarded by many as meaningless.

About sums it up, so expect the earthquake in favour of UKIP, but don’t expect to see it repeated at a General Election imv. Unless a miracles happens and the Greens&UKIP merge.

MoreCashThanDash

So that’s where the Orica Green Edge driver ended up working! 😀

kimbers

UKIP is definitely a protest vote

they are 2 fingers up at the establishment with a healthy dose of populist xenophobia for those who feel theyve been left behind as the world has changed around them

the irony is that faridge is a public school educated former city trader, troughing at the expenses gravy train like any other politician and about as establishment as you can get,
    that seems to be lost on their many voters however

GEDA
    Free Member

To be fair I don’t understand your point of view, which appears to be that the EU protects “workers rights” and that we have “rubbish labour laws”.

To tell you the truth I am not sure I have an opinion except that nobody is really interested in solutions just about problems. Where’s the ******* vision??

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

nobody is really interested in solutions just about problems

Having a good damn moan and then muttering “still, mustn’t grumble” is a fine British tradition.
    You’ve been away too long.

KonaTC

We got a leaflet at work today, even with the garbage they’ve written on it, it’s not going to stop our entire office voting for them.

Why? because voting for any of the others is a hell of a lot worse.

Yep that’s the general view where I work

muddydwarf
    Free Member

IIRC, The European Courts uphold 97% of UK court decisions when appealed, for the reason than EU laws owe more to British Law than any other member State – is this correct?

grum
    Free Member

I’m glad I don’t work in those places.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Have you noticed you can buy eggs in packs of ten now? Eh? Have you? It’s the slow creep of federalisation I tell you!

derekfish
    Free Member

grum – Member
    I’m glad I don’t work in those places.

So ignoring the obvious quip, tell us grum which metrosexual suited wunderkind should we vote for and why?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’ve read your posts derekfish and UKIP is definitely the party for you.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just checked my candidates for the South West. Bloody James Cracknell is one of the Tory candidates. There’s another thing not to like about him. 🙂

Mind you, if he’ll get rid of eggs in packs of ten, I might give him a number two.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Ukip – a political party where 99.999% of the population can only name one member of.

I was going to refute this but that Bloom bloke was kicked out, wasn’t he.

kimbers

well I work in a research department at a cardio vascular genetics institite

fortunately I dont have any openly ukipper types in my office

I quite like the labour candidates
    http://www.labourinlondon.org.uk/european-parliamentary-candidates

and according to this im neck and neck with labour and the lib dems , then greens and torys a distant 3rd- ukip way out there

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/interactive/2014/apr/24/which-party-vote-for-eu-elections

but overall derekfish youve displayed your ignorance quite well ther as none of these seem to fit your preconceived ideas

London European Candidates 2014

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I thought everyone knew that Neil Hamilton was in UKIP ?

After Nigel Farage the disgraced former Tory politician is UKIP’s star personality.

derekfish
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    I’ve read your posts derekfish and UKIP is definitely the party for you.

Well if it’s any consolation ernie it gives me no pleasure that it’s come to this.

kimbers – Member
    well I work in a research department at a cardio vascular genetics institite

fortunately I dont have any openly ukipper types in my office

I quite like the labour candidates
    http://www.labourinlondon.org.uk/european-parliamentary-candidates

Well I can honestly say kiimbers you couldn’t line up 8 more useless examples of the human race than those labour candidates imv, it’s no wonder UKIP are surging.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 311 total)

The topic ‘UKIP's 'Common Sense' bus hits Portsmouth Railway Station.’ is closed to new replies.