Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • UKIP – you really couldn't make it up.
  • Lifer
    Free Member

sbob – Member
    I do think having a national health service is a wonderful thing

Especially when it’s one of the most cost effective, eh?

molgrips
    Free Member

the NHS is going to become unaffordable and some very, very tough decisions are going to have to be made

Dear God.. WTF.. hmm shall we raise taxes, or cull the population?

OMGF I’m outta this thread!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

El-bent – Member

You’re honestly saying that a large percentage of Tories are secretly in favour of compulsory abortions?

Are you on crack?

Hit a nerve did I?

I doubt it. You just sounded like you needed to grow a brain stem, is all….

convert

Dear God.. WTF.. hmm shall we raise taxes, or cull the population?

It’s already happening every day of the week and has done for years – I’m assuming you have not heard of NICE?

I’m not saying cull the population – and to be honest you’d have to have your cretin dial set to max to read what I wrote like that but there will be an increasingly large number of treatments available (as in invented) and people who are staying alive that could use them that are not affordable by the NHS as it is currently funded. For what it’s worth I’m in the raise the taxes & cut defence spending to pay for it camp for definite but there are plenty of people out there who know a hell of a lot more than you and I do who think that we will get to a point in the not too distant future where we will need to think very differently about the proportion of the money we earn that will need to spend on health.

I’m a push over and would vote for a government that served that up every day (but I’m going to be – dinky with disposable income and few heirs and graces about the need for an affluent lifestyle) – I’m just not convinced I live in a country where everyone thinks like I do.

Rscott
    Free Member

If the word compulsory was taken out i would whole heatedly agree with the quote.

I believe everyone should have a choice. Weather that is to die and have some one close help you, or to have a featus that you may love removed that you couldn’t give a quality life to.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well of course there should be a choice. Not sure anyone is debating that.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Such views are not restricted to UKIP candidates. I suspect that if you scratched the surface of the Coalition you’d find plenty of support for such sentiments. They’re just savvy enough not to articulate them in public…

footflaps

A society that protects those in need is a society to be aspired for.

Unfortunately I very much doubt that many Conservatives believe in this…

cinnamon_girl

It’s already happening every day of the week and has done for years – I’m assuming you have not heard of NICE?

I feel that had it been left to the NHS, I wouldn’t be here now or if I was, it would be in a coma.

Been forced to go outside of the NHS for treatment and I’m not alone. Many people with my illness have done the same.

A society that protects those in need is a society to be aspired for.

Ha ha ha ha, my ar$e.

kimbers

you only have to look at some of the really quite nasty racist/bonkers comments that appear on any ukip article in the telegraph/ mail etc to see that the party attracts some nutters

footflaps

you only have to look at some of the really quite nasty racist/bonkers comments that appear on any ukip Conservative article in the telegraph/ mail etc to see that the party attracts some nutters

FIFY 😉

footflaps

The way I see it is UKIP are just Conservatives who can’t be bothered to pretend they actually care about anyone other themselves. Sort of like the ‘Id’ of the Tories, without the Ego to constrain it.

druidh
    Free Member

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

you only have to look at some of the really quite nasty racist/bonkers comments that appear on any ukip article in the telegraph/ mail etc to see that the party attracts some nutters

There’s a bonkers bigoted comment at the very top of this page.

footflaps

druidh – re New Labour, you may well be right. I’m pretty sure Tony Blair only cares about lining his own pockets.

sbob
    Free Member

Lifer – Member

Especially when it’s one of the most cost effective, eh?

Says who?
    Chap who wrote a paper to piss off an MP who had used his previous paper against his wishes?
    Right-o.

Of course, independant people seem to come to the conclusion that it is far too complex a metric to accurately rate. But what do they know?

DaRC_L

Is this where I come in having vaguely read the OP and not much of the rest of the thread and say…
    I’m all in favour of compulsory euthanasia advice for elderly UKIP / Tory voters?
    😆

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Ha ha ha ha, my ar$e.

without a pic, i couldn’t possibly pass comment.

BermBandit
    Free Member

independant people seem to come to the conclusion that it is far too complex a metric to accurately rate

Once more and in English please? 😕

Lifer
    Free Member

sbob – Member

“Lifer – Member

Especially when it’s one of the most cost effective, eh?”

Says who?
    Chap who wrote a paper to piss off an MP who had used his previous paper against his wishes?
    Right-o.

Please expand.

bwaarp
    Free Member

I feel that had it been left to the NHS, I wouldn’t be here now or if I was, it would be in a coma.

Been forced to go outside of the NHS for treatment and I’m not alone. Many people with my illness have done the same.

What would that be?

convert

What would that be?

Not sure why you would feel able to ask for such personal information of someone on an internet forum….and in such a sympathetic tone 😐

deviant
    Free Member

Because the forum is anonymous and the response may help further the debate?

convert

CG is far from anonymous having met numerous forum members in real life organising rides etc. She might well choose to share but if she was that way inclined I’m sure she would have put it in the original post.

deviant
    Free Member

She’s under no obligation to answer.

Somebody asked a question, thats all.

convert

Fair enough – just thought the tone had more “challenge” than empathy for my liking. It is an internet forum though, so not always populated by those with, how shall I put this, people skills.

athgray
    Free Member

+1 shifter

grum
    Free Member

I think she’s already shared it in other threads. I ain’t gonna say in case I’m wrong but I think I know.

El-bent
    Free Member

I doubt it. You just sounded like you needed to grow a brain stem, is all….

And it took all of yours to come up with this witty reply.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘UKIP – you really couldn't make it up.’ is closed to new replies.