Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 209 total)
  • UKIP in balanced & reasoned argument shocker
  • binners

I’ve got nothing against train drivers from Wigan, but……

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have never met a single train driver from Wigan.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Is it ok to ridicule train drivers from Wigan ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is it ok to ridicule train drivers from Wigan ?

Only if they are ginger. And they went to Eton. Apparently.

konabunny
    Free Member

Won’t someone stand up for Old Etonians?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s not their fault they went to a Slough comp.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Toot, toot!

rossatease
    Free Member

Junkyard – Guardianista
    What you see as furthering UKIP’s cause I view as fracturing the right wing vote to make it harder for them to get into power.
    Keep up the good work we could not do it without people like you

That is very true, except it is the Green Party that has benefited *most, so I win.

crankboy – Member
    rossatease were the members of the sailing club of Asian and African descent of the same view?

Do you actually know any Asian or African descended people? If you did, you’d realise they think just like us, and are just other people, same as us, some right some left, more often right than left is my experience as it happens I have two very good friends, one of Indian descent the other Afro Caribbean, both looking at voting UKIP next go round, I argue with them constantly. Racism isn’t just a white mans burden I’ve found and they, we, are British they don’t even think any other way and any means of isolating them by the suggestion that politically they should think different, because of their skin colour or heritage, is in itself racist, if we are being punctilious about this. The Left are not the guardians of racial tolerance.

*In my area

MrWoppit
    Free Member

… and your yacht club seems to (by your suggestion) consist mainly of the sort of racists who would vote for UKIP because they approve of Bloom’s language.

Must be hard for you. Keep up the struggle, Kamerad.

rossatease
    Free Member

Think I might have given the wrong impression with the term ‘yacht’ club, sailing club might be more appropriate, particularly if as I appear to be, dealing with call centre cublicled proletariat on wheels. 😉

It’s just a typical cross section of wage earning brits, pissed off with financing India & now Nigerias space programme..

MrWoppit
    Free Member

particularly if as I appear to be, dealing with call centre cublicled proletariat on wheels.

Quite possibly the most pathetic, juvenile and sad little comment I’ve read anywhere this week.

Your sailing club might want to think about what might come in on the back of Bloom’s, and UKIP’s, desire to deal with the questionable international aid provision if they achieve government. After all, Mussolini was really good at sorting out the rail system…

I might suggest that you think about it also, except that on the evidence so far, I don’t see much actual thinking going on…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It’s just a typical cross section of wage earning brits….

They don’t sound like typical brits to me.

According to you they had never supported UKIP until they heard Godfrey Bloom make a comment about bongo bongo land. However now, at least according to a straw poll you carried out last night, they are UKIP voters.

Do you think most British people are daft enough to support a party based solely on one sentence a politician utters ?

And you have the nerve to talk of “the dimwitted left” 🙂

BTW how many were involved in this straw poll of yours which apparently defines British politics ?
    What are we talking about……5? 10? 15? Did you manage to ask 15 people ?

I bet it was no more than 4 people

rossatease
    Free Member

About a dozen or so, and obviously the more verbose were the UKippers, couple of SOCA fellas, couple of retired loaded blokes, metal worker, chippy, sparks, charity security bloke works away but back for vacation he’s a string em up sort, and a banker, ironically of more moderate views, two out of work but used to be in the print game made redundant and took early retirement, oh and the proverbial bar man.

I don’t have to think, no-ones paying me to think, I’m just recounting what goes on in those clubs around the country and they’re warming to UKIP.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

obviously the more verbose were the UKippers

I’m sorry are you now saying that some were already UKIP voters ? I thought the whole point of your comment was that the chaps at your sailing club were so impressed with the ‘bongo bongo land’ comment that were now going to vote UKIP ?

athgray
    Free Member

In recent threads I have defended UKIP’s right to display their views, however worryingly it seems that the more crass and offensive they are, the greater their following. Are the people in Britain’s sailing clubs so hard done by financially that they find the thought of sending money to aid foreign countries so galling?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I don’t have to think, no-ones paying me to think, I’m just recounting what goes on in those clubs around the country and they’re warming to UKIP.

Marvellous. You don’t have to think because you don’t get paid to. Sound argument, that. Let’s all not think, eh? That’s the way forward.

So, you’ve been in a lot of clubs apart from your sailing one, then? What sort of clubs were they? Do a lot of straw-poll travelling, do you?

rossatease
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member
    Marvellous. You don’t have to think because you don’t get paid to. Sound argument, that. Let’s all not think, eh? That’s the way forward.

So, you’ve been in a lot of clubs apart from your sailing one, then? What sort of clubs were they? Do a lot of straw-poll travelling, do you?

What’s your point chap?

Want me to change my view? Fall in with yours, tut tut at the nasty boorish man for saying bongo bongo land and be all comfy self righteous?

All I’m doing, and not necessarily agreeing with it, is pointing out to all the soft lad, wilfully outraged, hand wringing lefties that the more outraged they appear, the more the mouldering masses are going to react positively to people like this.

You may be one of them, you may not be one of them, but surely you can see the bigger picture that is evolving here.

The state we are in was brought about by political correctness, the movement that is just beginning to roll the pendulum just a tad too far over to the right is being egged on by crap like this.

athgray
    Free Member

There is nothing positive, and everything moronic about following people that use this kind of language. Godfrey Bloom seems nothing more than a xenophobic isolationist goon.
    I also don’t think that this tone will attract reasonable voters. I have heard members of the BNP speak more eloquently than that.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

@ rossatease

I thought you didn’t have a view. You said you don’t think, you just report.

There’s two issues.

1: Foriegn aid.
    2: Bloom’s obvious racism.

If you have paid any attention to the rest of the thread, you will have seen my comments about the inadvisability of letting a barking thicky like Bloom tackling a serious subject with the language of a saloon-bar Hooray Henry. I’ll reiterate it for you here.

He has managed to divert attention away from a serious issue by acting like an objectionable prune. He then whines that the issue he raises is not being dealt with because people (or “left-wing journalists” as he puts it) are focusing on his language. What a nitwit.

Your “cross section” of “Brits” want to vote for a gimp like that? They’ve joined you in the room for the non-thinking vegetables, then.

Read your history. Tyrannical regimes were built on the back of complaints from insular, nationalistic, xenophobes of the sort you describe.

The issue is WHAT SORT of foreign aid works for the benefit of both the donator and the receiver and to whom should the donation be made and how monitored, not whether or not to have it at all, which I suspect is Bloom’s real pitch.

His use of the phrase “bongo…” just displays his ignorant lumping together of entire nations into an easily identifiable hate object that bears no relation to anything in the real world. A typical mindless racist canard, in fact.

athgray
    Free Member

Mr Woppit+1 🙂

rossatease
    Free Member

athgray – Member
    There is nothing positive, and everything moronic about following people that use this kind of language. Godfrey Bloom seems nothing more than a xenophobic isolationist goon.

True, but, a sad fact of life there are or were 10 million Sun readers all with votes, if we’re concerned about the moronic and them being goaded into action.

All their problems start and finish with Europe, their money is going to finance ray bans, flats in paris and putting Nigerians into space, oh and we’re borrowing it and high paid executives and old Etonian Rich boys are doing it, and UKIP is going to save you from all this…And the lefties who cause all these problems are trying to stop them.

Simple rhetoric even a moron gets it and the more publicity that surrounds it, the more likely they are to vote.

Is my point.

If he hadn’t said bongo bongo and or nobody had picked up on it, we’d be none the wiser, so what’s worse, the fact he said it, or the sheer noise created by the furore surrounding it?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Care to deal with my points? You DID ask what they were.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

oh and we’re borrowing it and high paid executives and old Etonian Rich boys are doing it, and UKIP is going to save you from all this…And the lefties who cause all these problems are trying to stop them.

A-ha. Spotted.

What we need is a complete New Order, eh? Brick lane, here we come. Again.

Say when…

rossatease
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member
    Care to deal with my points? You DID ask what they were.

I think if you read the gist of what I’m saying you’ll see actually we aint that far off in fear of the possible outcome of all this.

As far as ‘bongo bongo” land if indeed it is Africa, the Chinese are all over it like a bad rash anyway except they’re doing it in true totalitarian style, no money just building stuff, but using their own labour and quietly expanding in exactly the same colonial style the west did years before only without the guns and ripping the resources out faster than we ever did.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’m more interested now in your description how we are going to be “saved” by “UKIP”.

D’you like the idea of a strong leadership “dealing” with our “problems”?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the mouldering masses

Or to be more specific, a dozen punters plus the barman at your club.

wilfully outraged, hand wringing lefties

You don’t appear to have heard that the UKIP leadership has told Godfrey Bloom not to use the term ‘bongo bongo land’ because it is unacceptable ?

How did you manage to miss that bit of news ?!!

And the reason why UKIP aren’t backing Godfrey Bloom is pretty obvious. Nigel Farage has recently been attempting, with some success imo, to portray UKIP as more moderate and respectable bigots.

A couple of weeks ago he chastised the Tories for mounting a “nasty Big Brother” billboard campaign against illegal immigrants :

Ukip’s Nigel Farage attacks ‘nasty, Big Brother’ billboards on illegal immigration

Then last week Farage criticised the Tories for spot checks on suspected illegal immigrants :

Nigel Farage attacks Home Office immigrant spot checks as ‘un-British’

It was all going so well the Tories were appearing as nasty populists who were raking the gutter for votes, whilst UKIP on the other hand were given the opportunity to appear fair-minded and moderate.

Then along comes Godfrey Bloom and **** everything up with talk of bongo bongo land.

This completely undoes the image that Farage had been carefully trying to craft over the last couple of weeks, and which the Tories had handed him on a plate.

Oh how the Tory leadership must have smirked with glee at UKIP’s own goal. After so long on the back foot the Tories could once again point at UKIP and imply that, in the words of David Cameron, they were “fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists”.

Do you really think that UKIP are grateful to Godfrey Bloom ?

Do you really think that it’s “the left” that’s been hurt by this ?

rossatease
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member
    I’m more interested now in your description how we are going to be “saved” by “UKIP”.

D’you like the idea of a strong leadership “dealing” with our “problems”?

Er.. that is what is being ‘sold’ by all this, not me espousing it as a solution.

My point, clearly not made well, is that, the more ‘ordinary seeming folk” using the sort of day to day language gets ridiculed and reviled in the style that has been prevalent in the news media and on here, the more they get sympathy. The more ‘racist’ gets used as a means of shutting down debate, the more anger simmers beneath the surface amongst normally none politically motivated types, scratch the surface and everyone is racist in one way or another, it’s a basic human tribalistic condition.

As to UKIP being ’embarrassed’ into action, they have the faint whiff of success in the Farage camp, no doubt now surrounded by their own spin doctors attempting rapid turd polishing, hence the reaction, but privately, I bet they’re loving it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

but privately, I bet they’re loving it.

Oh I see……..you know what they think “privately”.

So you know what the British masses across the country think, and what the UKIP leadership privately thinks.

With those awesome mind-reading powers you don’t really need to rely on straw polls do you ?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

rossatease – I’m puzzled why you seem now to agree that UKIP are a “bad thing” – this seems to be generally agreed by most on here, and yet, when you lay out your own stance, you accuse that constituency of being, what was it – “call centre drones on wheels” or somesuch. You seemed then to me to be setting these against your noble “cross section of Brits” down at the sailing club, whilst at the same time railing against “lefties” and the “Etonian elite”..

I think actually, you’re just a bit confused.

Sorry, no offense.

rossatease
    Free Member

No, I can see I have confused my message in all that waffle, which simply stated is as follows

UKIP not a good thing.

UKIP bozo makes typical UKIP bozo remark.

Left wing press, and or Tory electioneering waller spread it far and wide assuming they will damage UKIPs case. As do several leftie hand wringers here.

The point they are all missing is that there are a lot more people out there that think like that than either the left or right realise imv. All publicity like this does is raise sympathy. We’ve never had a political discussion at that sailing club in the twenty odd years I’ve been going there.

It’s everywhere these days, people you speak to are on the phone to, talk to in the newsagents did that groundswell in the local elections not say anything to anyone? There is real momentum building.

And Ernie, saying I bet something doesn’t mean I’m a mind reader chum, I’m just commenting on what I’ve noticed of late and calling blokes like whatever his name was an obviously semi successful businessman a moron doesn’t actually help, better he’d been ignored altogether, now he’s a hero in some circles.

grum
    Free Member

All publicity like this does is raise sympathy.

Only amongst idiots.

oldboy
    Free Member

+1 rossatease

MrWoppit
    Free Member

@ rossatease: I don’t agree. I think Bloom has done us a service in that he has allowed everybody to see what a racist dunderhead looks like and open up the discussion. Also, to uncover that “cross-section” of nasty boorish nationalism that infects our debate, which goes into an immediate knee-jerk dance of agreement with xenophobic publicity-seekers like this.

I note, despite now seeming to disagree with them, you don’t take the opportunity describe them as “rightie slapheads” or the like. I think that there are many more who simply think that the man is a prat. They just don’t appear on your radar, probably because you think that anybody who doesn’t agree with UKIP is a “leftie hand-wringer”, whatever that is.

I’d still like to know where you personally stand on the issue of racist language in the public domain and also what should be done about the current system of International Aid…

rossatease
    Free Member

@ rossatease: I don’t agree. I think Bloom has done us a service in that he has allowed everybody to see what a racist dunderhead looks like and open up the discussion. Also, to uncover that “cross-section” of nasty boorish nationalism that infects our debate, which goes into an immediate knee-jerk dance of agreement with xenophobic publicity-seekers like this.

I note, despite now seeming to disagree with them, you don’t take the opportunity describe them as “rightie slapheads” or the like. I think that there are many more who simply think that the man is a prat. They just don’t appear on your radar, probably because you think that anybody who doesn’t agree with UKIP is a “leftie hand-wringer”, whatever that is.

I’d still like to know where you personally stand on the issue of racist language in the public domain and also what should be done about the current system of International Aid…

Clearly you don’t agree or you wouldn’t be bashing that keyboard so vigorously, where I stand?

I’m of the ‘may not agree with what is said, but would die defending the right of folk to say it type, a standard sadly eroded from existence and that erosion comes from the left.

I hate the left as I hate the right in equal measure, they’re both a vexation to my spirit, in this place there seem to be more from the left than the right, judging from the response, calling some one a ‘righty slaphead’ does that make a point any better than his bongo bongo quote.

He’s been stupid enough to erode the point he was trying to get across, a very valid point I might ad, I’m not altogether comfortable with the fact we’re borrowing so much to give away, but then neither am I comfortable with the excessive executive salaries in both the private and public sectors whilst front line staff are being purged and don’t even get me started on banks and bonuses.

But back to your point it is leftie hand wringers that make the most noise, they are the most self righteous pricks and I suppose wind me up more than the hang em all types, so does that make me a righty slap head? I’m not sure I’d have used the term bongo bongo, but I couldn’t deny having ever used racist language wether by design or accident in my day to day existence and half the time like most I probably wouldn’t know I’d done it can you?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Clearly you don’t agree or you wouldn’t be bashing that keyboard so vigorously,

Indeed if only folk could stick to the temperate language and polite discourse like what calm level headed you have [ another fine example coing up ]
    You have tried to lead by example and for that I salute you

I hate the left as I hate the right in equal measure

Indeed this much is clear i for one have grown tired of the fact that almost every single post is some scatter gun approach to blame the right for allmost anything
    here you go again

But back to your point it is leftie hand wringers that make the most noise, they are the most self righteous pricks and I suppose wind me up more than the hang em all types, so does that make me a righty slap head? I’m not sure I’d have used the term bongo bongo, but I couldn’t deny having ever used racist language wether by design or accident in my day to day existence and half the time like most I probably wouldn’t know I’d done it can you?

Roll – do you think turning a debate about foreign aid and the use of inappropriate language, as decided by the rabid lefties within the hierarchy of UKIP, to a debate about the left has helped the debate?

All i have learnt is that you are a version of Swiss Tony where any event can be blamed on the left, who are evil, even when the story is about a right wing man using language even UKIP dont like you blame the left.

FWIW I can categorically state than I have never used racist language by design though I support your right to out yourself as the type of person who has whilst calling those who object to this “pricks”.

konabunny
    Free Member

Do you actually know any Asian or African descended people? If you did, you’d realise they think just like us, and are just other people, same as us, some right some left, more often right than left is my experience…any means of isolating them by the suggestion that politically they should think different, because of their skin colour or heritage, is in itself racist, if we are being punctilious.

Who’s “us”? I lolled.

rossatease
    Free Member

Junkyard – guardianista
    on the left, who are evil

Correct

Junkyard – guardianista
    FWIW I can categorically state than I have never used racist language by design though I support your right to out yourself as the type of person who has whilst calling those who object to this “pricks”.

Never?

Pretty categorical that, never. Never used a term that some wing of the SWP couldn’t dredge up from your oh so perfect past to use against you?

No Spear Chucker, Towel head, or even closer to home, Mick, Paddy, Jock, Taffy, Pikey, or don’t regionalisations count? Brummie, Scouse, Jordie, and why is bongo bongo land any worse than Jordie land?

It’s what gets me all this, it’s all so hypocritical, all white mans guilt.

Racism is everywhere, it is endemic in the human condition, and it should be fought at every turn, but that doesn’t count in pathetically trivialising it for political point scoring as so often occurs and then the debate itself gets left, wether that debate is Overseas aid, immigration, or discrimination in the workplace.

In the greater scheme of things a throw away remark like that is/was trivial and the furore caused by it pointless and in my view serves the wrong final conclusion.

You, I would accuse of talking bollox saying you’ve never said a racist thing ever and I’m calling bullshit..

Junkyard
    Free Member

It’s what gets me all this, it’s all so hypocritical, all white mans guilt.

Is that what you meant by us ? What made you assume I was white?
    It more like not acting like a moron then struggling to believe that folk dont use the colourful terms you use in discussion.

Racism is everywhere, it is endemic in the human condition, and it should be fought at every turn,

Well you should start with yourself and your language usage and then support the lefties in UKIP who have asked him not to do this.

In the greater scheme of things a throw away remark like that is/was trivial and the furore caused by it pointless

OH FFS make your mind are we tacking it everywhere or turning a blind eye to it ?

You, I would accuse of talking bollox saying you’ve never said a racist thing ever and I’m calling bullshit.

Wow up until then I had the feeling that you held me in the utmost respect. What can I do do improve your view of me from bullshitter to the more lofty evil lefty prick?

Its amusing we wind you up as I just pity you

Never used a term that some wing of the SWP couldn’t dredge up from your oh so perfect past to use against you?

if you must do this , and i guess you must, could you try and make them funny? I have given up hope the ad homs stopping or being relevant.

bloodynora
    Free Member

Rossatease I’d give up if I were you fella, you’ll just get copy n pasted until you lose the will to live 🙂

rossatease
    Free Member

bloodynora – Member
    Rossatease I’d give up if I were you fella, you’ll just get copy n pasted until you lose the will to live

best bit of advice I’ve seen here.. I’ll take it thanks

Is he/she for real?

Guardianistas don’t you just love em?

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 209 total)

The topic ‘UKIP in balanced & reasoned argument shocker’ is closed to new replies.