Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • UKIP have an MP
  • wwaswas

Tory MP Douglas Carswell has just walked into UKIP pressed – he is leaving Tories and joining UKIP

I imagine it’ll be like our local Green one – good for publicity but not achieve a huge amount in Parliament.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

It says a lot about UKIP that tories feel at home there…

binners

Foaming-at-the-mouth, racist, right-wing-loon deserts one group of foaming-at-the-mouth, racist, right-wing-loons, to join even more foaming-at-the-mouth, racistier, right-wingier, loonier loons, where he feels more comfortable

Cheers!

wwaswas

He’s doing the decent thing and calling a by-election too.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

He’s doing the decent thing and…

Retiring to the library with his service revolver?

footflaps

Retiring to the library with his service revolver?

if only!

unklehomered
    Free Member

I hope he gets a trouncing, that would be pleasing…

bencooper
    Free Member

On the same day that David Cameron comes to Glasgow to tell us we’re better in the UK. Perfect timing 😉

unklehomered
    Free Member

Its OK, he has a reputation for not being a frothy mouthed hypocrit… apart from, no, he doesn’t

Mr Carswell said the decision to jump ship from the Conservatives had given him “sleepless nights” but he wanted to see “fundamental change in British politics” and UKIP – a party he believed belonged to its members rather than a “little clique” of political insiders – could deliver it.

Well, he may have a point about the country being run by cliques political insiders, but I’m not sure UKIP are the party to break the mould of British politics.

miketually
    Free Member

It says a lot about Tories that they feel at home in UKIP…

konabunny
    Free Member

will he actually show up, unlike his euro colleagues?

digga
    Free Member

miketually – Member
    It says a lot about Tories that they feel at home in UKIP..

I think it says a lot about how screwed-up this country’s politics are when after such a disastrous run in government and with such horrendous issues going on in Rotherham, they still gave Labour over 40% of the vote.

Two party politics has served the red/blue career politicians and gravy-trainers very nicely, thank you.

rebel12
    Free Member

Foaming-at-the-mouth, racist, right-wing-loon deserts one group of foaming-at-the-mouth, racist, right-wing-loons, to join even more foaming-at-the-mouth, racistier, right-wingier, loonier loons, where he feels more comfortable

At least he’s honest, he could have joined those other (in the closet) foaming-at-the-mouth, racist, right-wing-loons, New Labour!

atlaz
    Free Member

Mr Carswell said the decision to jump ship from the Conservatives had given him “sleepless nights” but he wanted to see “fundamental change in British politics” and UKIP – a party he believed belonged to its members rather than a “little clique” of political insiders – could deliver it.

Surely he’s one of the political insiders?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

is that bum growing out of his chin to help him talk even more sh*te?
    Anyway, I’m sure some folk up here would like to thank Nige for helping to finance the electoral system with all those lost deposits, to say nothing of delivering a few more Yes votes next month.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Gentlemen please stop underestimating UKIP, they are addressing the gaping demand for clear policies on immigration so lacking from all the other parties. There will be plenty of ex Labour and Lib Dem voters supporting UKIP.

One would imagine this fellow believes he has at least a sporting chance of winning.

Lifer
    Free Member

What’s unclear about current immigration policy?

binners

Blimey! jambalaya and me agree on something! 😯

If the labour party thinks that UKIP is a southern problem for sitting Tory MP’s only (and all the evidence suggests thats exactly what they think!), then they’re in for a pretty rude awakening at the next election.

There are a rump of disillusioned, voters in traditional northern constituencies, who have been taken for granted and ignored by the party. And they’ve had enough of the labour parties absolute head-in-the-sand refusal to address the issue of immigration. And the very real impact it has had on job prospects and wage levels in northern constituencies with high levels of unemployment.

The labour party has retreated behind its liberal Westminster/Islington barricades, and alienated their core vote! Their core vote is going to make their feelings pretty clear come next year by a protest vote for UKIP (purely on the immigration card) or by just not voting. Either way, this is going to have a massive effect on a number of complacent labour MP’s, who allegedly represent northern constituencies

zilog6128

Knowing the area, I’d be pretty surprised if Farage didn’t win Thanet South next year, so maybe they’ll have two MPs!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

If the labour party thinks that UKIP is a southern problem for sitting Tory MP’s only (and all the evidence suggests thats exactly what they think!), then they’re in for a pretty rude awakening at the next election.

I thought I saw you outside Morrisons last Saturday 😉

chestrockwell

He’s doing the decent thing and calling a by-election too.

Is it decent that he’s taken the place of another UKIP head banger that was meant to stand for that seat?

I’d love to see UKIP win the next election just to see the look of sheer terror on Farages face when he realises what he’d got himself in to.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘UKIP have an MP’ is closed to new replies.