Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • UKGE Rd5 Eastridge: Roll Call
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

OK this will be my first UKGE Round, Give it a bash on my Cannondale Prophet. First time to Eastridge too 🙂

Who else is going?
    Anyone camping?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yes & Yes.

Nice dry, sunny week, wet weekend. Great.

stevede
    Free Member

First ukge, first trip to eastridge, camping fri and sat (presuming I can fri night!), riding my ti slackline, can’t wait 🙂

johnny

I’m in. First time at Eastridge, fourth go in the series. Debating between my SB66 or the NS surge. I haven’t troubled the podium with the full-suss, so might enter the ‘HT class’ 😉

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Yes and yes.

I’ll be there from Friday morning.

andeh

Yep, I’ll be there on my hardtail. Should be arriving Friday some time and camping over the weekend. My first trip to Eastridge.

scottfitz
    Free Member

So For the guys getting there Friday morning, will you ride Friday too?

stevede
    Free Member

I’ll be there fri aft and will probably have a roll around to help decide what tyres to run now that the forecast is shite for the weekend 🙁

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

People generally have a bimble round on the Friday, then again on Saturday on stuff they want to revisit & a few runs of seeding.

I’ve only ever done one lap on Saturday morning. Even easier here, as the loop isn’t very big.

I’ve got the cut down wetscreams for this one if the weather does as expected.

scottfitz
    Free Member

I’ve got the cut down wetscreams for this one if the weather does as expected.

I will pack the swampthings

P.S
    For all you HTs: http://mpora.com/videos/AAd8mm7cj3xh

andeh

Would anyone happen to be passing Doncaster (I’m just off the A1) on their way home after the race, by any chance?

The guy I’m going down with is going to visit relatives after and the plan was for me to get the train back, but a lift would be simpler. Obviously I’ll chip in for fuel/pies/etc.

kimbers

ill be there, better dig out the mud tyres

wont be able to get there till saturday and im staying in a hostel

will come and say hi tho scott!

scottfitz
    Free Member

will come and say hi tho scott!

Heard that before 😉 P.S we will be racing head to head, Masters FTW!!

DavidM
    Free Member

So if it does as expected and pisses it down, does anyone know how flat / wet the camping field will be?

stevede
    Free Member

Well that was a bit good wasn’t it! Cracking weekend, my first uk gravity enduro and my first trip to eastridge. Really enjoyed the stages, number 3 was a bitch on the hardtail though! Not sure on results as we had to leave early for Cornwall. Looking forward to entering some more next year, nice friendly bunch in masters especially.

scottfitz
    Free Member

I loved that, will do a little blog and post it up 😉

kimbers

best race of the season (even if it was my worst placing!)

weather + trails + atmos made it the most fun I reckon

tubeless for next year though – ^&$£*! punctures

and as a diehard koona fan nice to see Al Stock taking the series win

deviant
    Free Member

I took the other half along to Eastridge when i entered a few years ago, she loved it, the atmosphere was brilliant….more like a festival than a bike race, glad to hear that spirit is continuing.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Another great race! Great trails, people and organisation. Oh, and the end of season party was a bit good too. I wouldn’t say I was disappointed with the UKGE Series win either. 😀

johnny

Best round of the series- agreed! Glad i stuck with the Yeti, and very pleased with my remarkably average 66th place in Masters…

Back for more next year!

stevede
    Free Member

Johnny – the yeti was definately the wiser choice, got pretty beat up on the slackline, was ace fun though, managed a mid pack 46th in masters (no ht cat to compare myself against the other people daft enough to rock hardtails)! Really keen to get back to eastridge, they were some great trails we raced this weekend.

johnny

I agree, Eastridge was great- considering the other options round there (Hopton is good too) Shropshire deserves a few days riding, at least!

Well impressed with your result, Both as a first entry and on the HT! I’m itching for some similar events this autumn- anyone know if there will be any mini-Enduro events, or similar?

kimbers

enduro1 may have another round this year

http://www.enduro1.co.uk/

gisburn at end of month
    http://www.borderline-events.co.uk/gisburn_2013.htm

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I really enjoyed the weekend. The tracks were great fun. Shame I had an absolute howler. Just about broke into the top 40 in Masters. I had a massive stack in qualifying & it all went downhill from there.

I’m looking forward to next year now. Have September just to have fun, then knuckle down for some proper winter training this time round & see what sort of difference it makes.

scottfitz
    Free Member

75th in masters for seeding and 57th at the end of the event.
    Really good weekend, had great time.

Bit of a write up and some pics:

http://www.pinkbike.com/u/scottfitz/blog/UK-Gravity-Enduro-Rd5-Eastridge.html

Johnny in 2014 keep an eye out for the South Down Gravity Enduro Series.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘UKGE Rd5 Eastridge: Roll Call’ is closed to new replies.