Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • ukcyclecentre.co.uk – anyone used them?
  • PJay
    Free Member

I’m interested in buying some stuff from ukcyclecentre.co.uk but I’ve not come across them before nor do I know anything about them.

I was wondering whether anyone here had used them and have had any good/bad experiences.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Yep bought a few pre loved parts. Was straight forward enough and parts came in expected time frame.

PJay
    Free Member

I’m looking to buy new, but that’s reassuring, thanks.

markshires
    Free Member

I’ve used them to buy some brakes, the same time I bought them through the website, somebody else had also bought them on eBay or wherever. The guy contacted my straight away and offered me some newer upgraded brakes. Which I received at no extra cost and even got a free bottle opener too. Other than that I had no problems, and it turned out ok for me.

jimw
    Free Member

Since they are based 5mins from where I work, I have never used their postal service so can’t comment, but always good to deal with face to face. Bought new and secondhand stuff and a number of friends have used their service centre as well.
    A friend recently bought a new Nukeproof from them, No problems

pc2017
    Free Member

Cant comment on the face to face stuff but I have had two bad transaction. First time I ordered some brakes which similar to above had sold just before to another buyer so I missed out. I left them a bad review which turned out to be deleted in the end, if you look on trustpilot there is loads of 5* as they leave the bad ones on for a few weeks then report them.

Second time I needed some cheap wheels and they had some, gave them the benefit of the doubt and they did arrive after 5 days or so, rear rim was dented not from transit but as if someone has tried to get the tyre off with a screwdriver and buckled it plus the condition was far from the ‘very good’ they rated them.

Never again.

There Facebook page is littered with bad reviews on the comment section. It seems to me there a small bike shop trying to act like CRC but they just dont have the capability and should really stick to face to face or only advertise products they have. God knows how there open with the amount of returns and partial refunds they offer judging by the FB comments section.

sargey2003

I got a very decent pair of used 26 wheels from them – no issues

Poopscoop

Do they take PayPal?

astormatt
    Free Member

My lbs….wont be spending a penny with them for a good while. Ordered and payed for quite an expensive part (£210) told it would be 2-3 days. Dropped in after 4 weeks to be told they had sold the part they got in to another customer!
    In all it took 8 weeks to get it!

PJay
    Free Member

So so then; I’m looking at a new set of titanium bars but am a tad nervous. Payment is through Sage Pay which I think that you can use PayPal with, but I don’t know whether that gives you full PayPal insurance.

tish
    Free Member

I bought some new forks from them, when they arrived they had socket marks on the tops. When I contacted them I was told they were off a new bike, never used but had travel changed. They offered me a refund, but I was still happy with the forks as they were cheap and mint other than the top caps. They also sent me a voucher for money off next purchase which I didn’t use.
    I didn’t use PayPal so can’t comment on that but I would use them again.

Stoner
    Free Member

PJay – they’re just up the road from me.
    Ive only bought some new accessories from the “shop” (front room of the warehouse) before, but they seem decent enough chaps.

If you want me to go and look in and check and reserve the bars for you I can.

PJay
    Free Member

That’s kind Stoner, thank. They’re listed as in stock but I’m just waiting to hear back for them first.

If I can use PayPal (and get full insurance cover) using Sage Pay I’ll probably feel ok.

jamesfts
    Free Member

They’re good guys, local to me so call in rather than order online.

If in doubt give them a call and get an ETA on the part in question, I think some stuff is ordered in as required but have always had a good service from them.

spacemonkey

I got a very decent pair of used 26 wheels from them – no issues

Same here. I think they also sent me a hefty voucher which I’ve not yet used.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I bought a set of DT Swiss XM1501 wheels off them – used, and probably undervalued by a considerable margin.

Turned up as expect, no complaints here.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘ukcyclecentre.co.uk – anyone used them?’ is closed to new replies.