• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Ukbikeskills/Jedi day today
  • mcnultycop

After reading reviews on here I booked a 1-to-1 day with Tony a few months back, which came round today.

Christ he’s good. I’ll have a go at tables and drops, but not really do them much justice. I thought maybe the culmination of today would be me clearing the gap I see on Tony’s Instagram. He got me clearing that within 90 minutes of starting. Linking jumps and corners, drops into corners and pumping were all worked on and felt superb by the end of the day. The highlight for me was the steep roll in, that I’d never have ridden without Tony talking me through and demonstrating.

I’ve got a lot to put into practice from today, and can’t wait. Thanks Jedi.

jamj1974

Days when you achieve more than you thought are always brilliant. Nice one!

jedi

ah man. it was soo good and the weather played ball too. let me know how the riding goes

jambalaya
    Free Member

As I’ve posted many times, it’s the best “upgrade” money you’ll spend on your biking ever.

pickle
    Free Member

Top stuff! Tony is a top bloke

alexh
    Free Member

Tony is awesome, makes things so simple. Bugger buying x, y or z which some magazine says you can’t ride without; have some proper training. I just wish I was closer to him.

I found since my big off this summer I’ve gone back to his techniques and mental skills in order to get my riding back up to pace.

SixFootTwo
    Free Member

I think that folks have overlooked some basic elements in choosing an instructor when they are embarking upon some formal training and I think it’s prudent to raise it here as it can influence the whole day of training whether a group session or 1 to 1. Specifically the quality of the coffee on the day. Now Tony is a great fan of Steve Leigton’s HasBean and having subscribed to Steve’s coffee for some time I can honestly say that the roast is always fresh (v important) and the grind is good…Tony doesn’t do a bad job of knocking up a brew although I reckon an aeropress or chemex could further enhance it. I think I had a limoncello with Tony last time I was there and it set me up for the day.

stimpy
    Free Member

SixFootTwo nails the real issue 😆

I’ve had a day with Tony and another with Nath. Both completely awesome days which pushed me much further than I thought I’d go and had a complete blast each time. Would recommend either without any hesitation.

And, to get to the core, great coffee.

willard

Looking forward to my session with him in November, but i only hope that the weather is good for it!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Fingers crossed for you @willard, my session was mid December and weather was fine enough. Personally I was glad of the short hours of daylight as I was knackered by 3.30 😳

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

We didn’t get a coffee. 🙁

But then we were in traffic on the M25 while coffee was probably being served. 👿

maxtorque

mcnultycop

Tony gave me a bag of coffee too! Top end to the day.

razorrazoo

Has anyone done one of the open sessions, specifically jumps and drops?

Was wondering the approximate number in the group and whether it starts off at the very bottom level and that I’d find part of the day a waste vs the added expense of 121.

My skills are reasonable (though I’m sure there are plenty of bad habits that can be looked at), but the psychological thing does for me – so far as I back out of stuff I am 100% sure I can do.

zelak999
    Free Member

Lotta love for the Jedi master. 😆

jedi

love coffee!!! 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Ukbikeskills/Jedi day today’ is closed to new replies.