Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • UK union is dependent on EU exit. Discuss.
  • chewkw
    Free Member

OK, not sure if someone has already mentioned this but if yes then mods please exterminate this thread … You may use anti-aircraft guns … if you wish. A10 gun will be fine.

With Scotland still relying on “financial” union with UK does that mean Scottish independent is in deep poo poo if UK were to pull out of EU?

The reason is that Scottish financial dependent on UK means they might not be able to react quickly by establishing their own financial independence too quickly too soon.

If UK is to exit EU then it will be even harder for Scotland to be independent financially because Scotland would have to build up the entire financial infrastructure before joining EU.

Therefore, to keep UK as a Union would it be a better choice for UK to exit EU in order to keep Scotland in line?

If UK were to join EU fully does that mean Scotland will have an easy ride to independence?

Ya, that will learn you all … ya … ya …

Freeedoommm! 😆

Should be freeddddommmm from EU ZMs! Yes!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Or if we leave the Eurostar and it hurts the Scottish economy they may want to leave the UK even more.

chewkw
    Free Member

fr0sty125 – Member

Or if we leave the Eurostar and it hurts the Scottish economy they may want to leave the UK even more.

What can they do? Hijack EU, rob EU, hold EU to ransom? Do they want to be the “Greek” of the North? Are they willing to beg EU for money like a beggar in EU?

😯

wallop

Hey OP! You know this is a mountain biking forum, YA?

scotroutes

This is the Chat forum

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

not sure if someone has already mentioned this but if yes then mods please exterminate this thread

I very much doubt that anyone has asked the question.

What is the question ?

chewkw
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member

wallop » Hey OP! You know this is a mountain biking forum, YA?

This is the Chat forum [/quote]

<<< Mountain Bike forum the other side.

Loook at theeee tabbbb abbbooveeee …

😆

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

not sure if someone has already mentioned this but if yes then mods please exterminate this thread

I very much doubt that anyone has asked the question.

What is the question ? [/quote]

Scotland will Never achieve independent if UK is out of EU is that true is my question?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ah yes.

Is your question true is your question ?

richmtb

I’ve really no idea

Can we get Han Solo in to translate Chewy’s post into english?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No its not. End. Phew.

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

Ah yes.

Is your question true is your question ?

So it is true that Scotland cannot achieve independence from UK if UK is out of EU? Right?

Question for Ernie … do you want Scotland to be an independent country? 😆

wallop

I know it’s the chat forum, but he never seems to post anything about mountain biking. Just seems odd, that’s all.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No I don’t think your question is true.

scotroutes

He’s not alone in that though

bencooper
    Free Member

This is a mountain biking forum?

chewkw
    Free Member

wallop – Member

I know it’s the chat forum, but he never seems to post anything about mountain biking. Just seems odd, that’s all.

I used to but once I got my Rohloff hub everything stops … Rohloff is the king of the hubs. Do you have one hmmmmm? 😆

bencooper – Member

Freedom might be in jeopardy if Scotland cannot achieve financial independence … 🙁

wrecker
    Free Member

WTF is mountain biking?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Mrs S says the SNP want to end Scottish austerity and increase Scottish spending. Something isn’t quite right here.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Indeed. There are some very earnest members of this parish who don’t seem to comment on anything that isn’t about politics.

What tyres for a civil war, eh?

scotroutes

Minions?

chewkw
    Free Member

thegreatape – Member

Mrs S says the SNP want to end Scottish austerity and increase Scottish spending. Something isn’t quite right here.

Yeap. They more they spend the more they are chained to UK if they do not use the money wisely.

The way I see it they cannot borrow money to gain independence as it is like borrowing money from the bank to open a new bank to compete with the lenders.

Yes, ending austerity means they will forever be part of UK.

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Indeed. There are some very earnest members of this parish who don’t seem to comment on anything that isn’t about politics.

What tyres for a civil war, eh? [/quote]

Nahhh … I stopped looking at bike frames once they started introducing those bendy seat tube and bendy lower frame tube to accommodate 29ers’ wheel …

As for tyres unless they are puncture free …

gordimhor

I am in agreement with Ernie

No I don’t think you’re question is true

and
    THM

No it’s not.End.

😳

gordimhor

Tyres for a civil war I’d be going for fat anyway.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Can I just put it on record that I meant the EU not the Eurostar…. Still getting used to my new phone…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Personally I preferred the ‘leaving Eurostar’ version/answer, it somehow seemed to fit in better with the general tone of this thread.

Well you couldn’t increase spending whilst still maintaining austerity, something definitely wouldn’t be right if you tried that.

ampthill

I think that the OP is correct

If the UK goes it alone then if Scotland leaves it certainly wouldn’t be in the EU. Which would be tougher than leaving and being in the EU

I like Scotland and its people but I don’t think devo max is sustainable if it envolves the per head spend in Scotland being so far ahead of the rest of the UK

I did ride my bike on Sunday

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Should the UK leave the EU, Scotland will have already voted for independence. Scotland will be fine and dandy by itself in or out of the EU.

chewkw
    Free Member

By the looks of things …

Pro-EU (join EU totally) = essentially will lead to Scotland gaining independence if EU start pumping in money to encourage Scotland independence. The devil is smiling …

Anti-EU (exit or sitting on the fence) = essentially means the Union is intact.

Therefore, if UK is fragmented into smaller nations that will only mean one thing – lambs push into lion cage … dinner time! Nom! Nom! Nom!

The larger EU nations will call the shots and smaller “UK nations” will have to bow and say yes … if larger EU nations say jump then smaller UK nations will have to say how high.

The conclusion is simple if UK want to be significant in world stage then joining EU totally is not the answer. Exit EU as a Union and stand a chance to fight another day …

😯

onehundredthidiot

Would the English vote be swayed by a pronouncement from holyrood. Would they vote to stay in and keep the union. Or would they vote out and be happy breaking the union. Would they be swayed by farage et al. Would the funds they send to Europe be redistributed through out the union fairly?

chewkw
    Free Member

onehundredthidiot – Member

Would the English vote be swayed by a pronouncement from holyrood. Would they vote to stay in and keep the union. Or would they vote out and be happy breaking the union. Would they be swayed by farage et al. Would the funds they send to Europe be redistributed through out the union fairly?

It does not make any sense whether Farage is involved or not as the choice is simple.

1. Keep the Union then UK need to stay out of EU.
    Or
    2. Not to keep the Union then join EU and be the lamb(s) to Lion’s den.

The EU will sense the weakest link in UK so will try to encourage that but they know doing so will mean they will have their ways with UK … gang banging UK as they wish.

It is not up to the Scottish to go ape shite whatever if UK is to exit EU. They might not like it but they are tied to UK financially unless within the next 2 years they are able to rebuild Scotland into a financial superpower.

If left-thinkers/Pro-EU keep banging on about joining EU totally then they will be the one going into history as the ones breaking up the Union Not the “right-wing” thinkers/Euro skeptics.

Therefore, until this is being sorted out I cannot foresee a left wing govt in power for many generations to come. Unless they want to be condemned to history as the one breaking up the Union which means they will never be forgiven for a long time. Essentially spelling the “death” of left ideology.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

they will have the ways of UK … gang banging UK as they wish.

onehundredthidiot

Yes it does matter, garage got how many votes? And the conservatives? That’s a good number of euro sceptics.

I don’t understand how eu membership affects uk union.

I’ve not seen anything to indicate full membership is on the cards.

onehundredthidiot

Not so ninja edit there. Didn’t add to the coherence of your argument though.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Should the UK leave the EU, Scotland will have already voted for independence.

How’s that then? The EU referendum is mooted for next year. Should there be an Out result do you really think think a fresh Independence poll will be arranged before we leave the EU?

jaaaaaaaaaam
    Free Member

If UK were to join EU fully does that mean Scotland will have an easy ride to independence?

it wouldn’t really be independence anyway, just swapping one big group for another.
    Personally, I care about the UK staying together because it’s a big old bunch of people doing something together, and something we’ve been doing for a lot of time. To me the next logical step is the EU where nationalism would mean even less and more people would come together. Roll on world government.

chewkw
    Free Member

onehundredthidiot – Member
    Yes it does matter, garage got how many votes? And the conservatives? That’s a good number of euro sceptics.

Not good enough if the younger generations are brain washed into thinking the world of EU is a hunky dory club to be in.

I don’t understand how eu membership affects uk union.

The Union will be pressured into “respecting” smaller nation(s) … giving independence etc …

I’ve not seen anything to indicate full membership is on the cards.

The left-thinker will table that conditions for full EU membership if they are desperate to differentiate themselves from the current govt.

Should the UK leave the EU, Scotland will have already voted for independence.

Irrelevant. Scotland can shout, yell go ape shite whatever and be as independent as they want within the “federation” they are still part of UK. In fact this is a better option to be part of the “federation of UK” coz that will give them generations to grow.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

How’s that then? The EU referendum is mooted for next year. Should there be an Out result do you really think think a fresh Independence poll will be arranged before we leave the EU?

I would bet my house on it.

zippykona

I can’t believe we are the only country with eurosceptics. Having bailed out much of Europe I should imagine some of ze Germans have had enough.

chewkw
    Free Member

zippykona – Member
    I can’t believe we are the only country with eurosceptics. Having bailed out much of Europe I should imagine some of ze Germans have had enough.

Ze Germans are used to it because of the nature of their “machined” mentality. They are perfectly suited to gain the maximum advantage out of the system.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘UK union is dependent on EU exit. Discuss.’ is closed to new replies.