Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • UK Source of 5V 15mm fans?
  • Alphabet

I’m after a couple of 5V 15mm x 15mm fans for a small DIY project (I want to add them to my ski goggles to stop them fogging up). I can’t seem to find any in the UK. On eBay I can get some from the USA or China but ideally wanted to find some in the UK.

Does anyone have any ideas of where I can try looking?

Thanks.

GrahamS

Don’t know but:

A) I’m pretty sure Smith make goggles with electric fans if you want a less homemade look

B) just stop breathing into your goggles!

jemima
    Free Member

17 mm do you? Pictures when you’re finished! 🙂

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/axial-fans/7588358/

Alphabet

Thanks for the replies so far.

GrahamS; I’ve read mixed reviews about the Smith goggles, mainly to do with the power and/or number of fans. I think the older ones had 2 fans while the new ones only have one? Also I like the wide angle vision of my Oakley Flight Decks so would rather use those.

jemima: I’ve seen those but my Oakley frames have a 15mm gap where the foam/ventilation is at the top. I’d rather not have the fan sticking above the goggles as it might rub against my helmet.

I’ll post pictures once I’ve got it working along with test results.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Weird, are these for Skiing or biking ? My Ski Flight Decks never get near fogging, has your helmet got a vent on the brow ?

Alphabet

Thanks all, I’ve now ordered a couple from the US via eBay. I’ll update once it’s all finished.

captmorgan
    Free Member

Fwiw I had a set of smiths turbo fans for eight or nine years, never had any issues until this year where I’d left the battery in over the off season and it leaked, I managed to get them working by cleaning the contacts but the died a few days into my trip this year.

Replaced them with a set of fan I/o X and hope to get many years out of them too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘UK Source of 5V 15mm fans?’ is closed to new replies.