Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • UK season extreme. And thanks.
  • sharki
    Free Member

As many of you know, i went for a wander earlier this year.

As the snows melted, the hail storms came and went and spring appeared as i set off in a South Westerly direction along the coast.

The further SW i went, spring passed and i found myself in the middle of May, at lands end.

It was now summer and with the sun bouncing off sandy beaches i walked on.

Harvest crops swayed in the summer breeze and butterflies lit up the meadows and hedge with flashes of colour.

By the end of July i was in Dorset and all though not at the most southerly point, was in the south of the UK in Poole and at this journeys end.

A few weeks passed, then me and the bike found ourselves on a Train heading North, to Scotalnd. Edinburgh to be precise.

Well, as the fringe festival came to a close, so did the summer and i realised i was now north for the Autumn.

I’ve spent most of my time in amazing company, both here and down in Inners and GT.
    During which time, i’ve either been riding, walking, taking photos or writing. With minimal work now and then.

I’m met with old friends and made some new ones. It’s to these, i give thanks for making stage one of my journey a happy one.

I’ll not name them all, most frequent here and know how much it has meant to me.
    To have them support and not criticise me for what i’m doing. But to accept me and offer me the hand of friendship.

It’s been great here, but as the seasons move forward, the days grow shorter and colder.

It’s time therefore for me to head further North, to be at the extremes of the UK..

Seems Bloody madness.. 🙂

A sad day though..Yesterday the bike gained a full 27 and tomorrow a rack will be fitted.

Sharki.

cynic-al
    Free Member

28 speed bike? 😉

glad it’s working out for ya.

sharki
    Free Member

Just one speed Al. But many ways to get to it.

And thanks.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Good luck. YGM

druidh
    Free Member

In the shop tomorrow sharki??

Kevevs
    Free Member

well it seems to me you are spaffing off on your god given right to enjoy the countryside and rub in your freedom on these poor gits! Great photo’s mate. Thank you for sharing.

sharki
    Free Member

Kev 😉

Yes Colin. 🙂

Teej,TGM2

Philby

Great photos – and a heart-warming story!

sharki
    Free Member

Thanks Philby and the story continues ever on. 🙂

Though Edinburgh seems to not want me to get going quite as much as i want to..

soma_rich
    Free Member

Have fun Sharki and dont forget to pack your camera!

sharki
    Free Member

There will be more pics for sure. 🙂

Can’t believe i’ve managed to publish over 400 pics so far whilst being up here. Nice to share though. 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Yay! Where exactly are you headed next then? Wherever, keep warm dude.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

4 seasons is one of the many reasons why I love the UK

keyses2

Safe journey, enjoy yourself and i look forward to seeing more pics 🙂
    Jenny

sharki
    Free Member

I blimin hate the cold, but this way i get to visit cool places and meet awesome people.. You don’t get that using scissors.. 8)

Buzz. North of the Moray area.
    And the mech is great now it’s finally fitted thanks.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

No worries mate. Have fun.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘UK season extreme. And thanks.’ is closed to new replies.