Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • UK on strike
  • marcus
    Free Member

Who going to be next then ?

Should be an 'interesting' coming 12 months as propoer cuts are made.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not me, probably wont be in a job next month so have absolutely no sympathy with the BA cabin crew.

mrmo
    Free Member

loose my job wednesday, no sympathy with BA or Railtrack. this country needs a functioning infrastructure. ie trains and planes when you need them at a price you can afford.

marcus
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that guys. Hope you both manage to sort something out.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Quite looking forward to a spring of discontent. It's about time workers started flexing their muscles again.

marcus
    Free Member

Me to DD – It certainly wont do labour any favours in their election campain

wwaswas

I think STW use Russian Hamsters so the forum should be ok…

pixelmix
    Free Member

Quite looking forward to a spring of discontent. It's about time workers started flexing their muscles again.

Really? BA strikers and Unite seem to be turkeys voting for Christmas. I'm about to fly BA only because I booked ages ago. If I was looking to book a flight now I'd go Virgin for sure since I wouldn't want the risk of getting cancelled. From what I understand they have reasonable money and terms, so should be grateful they have a job. All they will achieve is costing BA more money, who will then have to make more cutbacks. I'm sure BA could find plenty of cabin crew to fill the places. Fully behind Willie Walsh's tough stance on this one.

I was forced to move company last year and ended up earning less for the past 8 months even though I am now more qualified. Quite happy with that as at least I have a job, even if it means a long commute. Unfortunately too many people seem to think they deserve a pay increase every year regardless of any other factor.

El-bent
    Free Member

Me to DD – It certainly wont do labour any favours in their election campain

This isn't the 70's no matter what the tories try to make out of it. About time the wimpy working population of this country discovered where they left their collective spines.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Flew back into Heathrow last night and at the Green/Red customs channel there was a sign saying 'The Red channel is closed due to industrial action, please complete the form below and put it in the red box if you have anything to declare'

Made me smile

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Quite happy with that as at least I have a job, even if it means a long commute

It's that kind of attitude that the incoming government want from the workforce. Norman Tebbit and you would have got on quite well. Quite likely your employers like this attitude too. It makes workers afraid to ask for improvements.

Fully behind Willie Walsh's tough stance on this one.

Willie Walsh is a bullying cock. An overwhelming majority of BA workers voted democratically and legally (twice!!, even though the first one got dragged through the courts because of Unite sending ballot papers out to some members that had retired or left) to withdraw their labour. There is, since the days of a certain female forum favourite, a massive gap in employment relations in this country. A triumph for Walsh and the rest of his workforce undermining unilateral cronies would do nothing other than further widen this gap.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘UK on strike’ is closed to new replies.