Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • "UK MTB hall of fame"
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

No Ashton? No Atherton(s)?

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

For me, I think the list is fine as a starting point, there are a number of other notable rides missing but then I guess they can’t add them all at once.

I think what’s disappointing is the information on the riders, it’s so vague and misses out, what I feel are important, race results e.c.t. Not that I think it should be a list of race results but could be a little bit more in depth.

mudrider
    Free Member

From the 12 inaugural inductees, this appears to be a hall of fame of UK mountain bike racers and race organisers.

Where are the pioneers? (Not all the early mountain bike pioneers were American)

Where are the mountain bike’ engineers, designers and inventors?

Where are the entrepreneurs and industrialists who founded the UK mountain bike companies?

Where are the journalists who popularised our sport?

The advocates of mountain biking
    who set up riding centres and worked hard for improved land access, mountain bike friendly trail policies and responsible rider ethics.

The adventurists who pushed the boundaries of what can be ridden on a mountain bike and in doing so publicised the sport?

No one inducted to this UK MTB Hall of Fame is from the earliest days of UK mountain biking pre, 1988. So all the unsung heroes who involved in The UK mountain biking are unrepresented.

Is this going to become a wide ranging hall of fame that includes all aspects of our sport? or just a list of luminaries from the post 1990 racing fraternity?

There was an opportunity here to begin to document the history of mountain biking in Britain. In my opinion, the list initial inductees is so narrowly focused that it is sadly as disappointing as it is uninformative.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘"UK MTB hall of fame"’ is closed to new replies.