Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Uk mountain rides with 3000ft + summits
  • legometeorology
    Free Member

I’ve recently re-discovered my riding psyche and am keen for some long, epic, natural mountain trails.

An obvious choice is the rangers path on Snowdon, but, i’m wondering if there are many other decent trails in the UK (England and Wales preferably) that: ascend mountains over 3000ft, are rideable for the full descent, have some good fast singletrack, and are not full of walkers?

Thanks

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Carn ban mor

aracer
    Free Member

I suppose it was only a preference for E&W 🙄

Obvious ones are Helvellyn and Skiddaw. Apart from Snowdon, AFAIK those are the only two in E&W over 3000ft with bike legal access to the top (I’m less than convinced by cheeky riding to the top of mountains). Don’t get so hung up on an arbitrary figure though – ISTR Cadair Idris being a decent ride.

legometeorology
    Free Member

Thanks for that 🙂 Helvellyn looks perhaps the more interesting of those to.

As for the 3000ft figure, I guess I didn’t really mean it to be a strict cut off. I’m just interested in hearing about trails with the longest descents – 3000ft is definately too scrict a criterion – so I will look into Caldair Idris to 🙂

fizzer
    Free Member

Forget the 3000ft mark you need to go to Great Sca Fell in the back o’ Skiddaw area for a real long uninterrupted descent. Bit of effort to get there but well worth it, 3.75 miles no gates & no grumpy walkers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Uk mountain rides with 3000ft + summits’ is closed to new replies.