Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • UK import duty when ordering LB stuff?
  • pipiom
    Free Member

Just about to order a set of their finest 35mm rims……what’s the advice re import duty,fellas?

julians
    Free Member

will tell you for certain in a couple of days, I have a LB fully built wheel being ‘asessed for charging’ by uk customs as we speak.

General experience says that parcel force charge an admin fee of 15 quid or so, then it’ll be another 20 quid or so of import duty

Yetiman
    Free Member

Just under £28 for a pair of 29er 35mm hookless rims, and an £8 customs clearance fee from Parcel Force.

pipiom
    Free Member

Cheers guys

pipiom
    Free Member

Did you just order and then wait for the call or did you pay duty up front?

MrNero50
    Free Member

I paid around £40 all in with Parcel Force charge and duty on 4 x 35 mm rims.

I just waited till I got the letter from Parcel Force, paid on line and they were delivered the next day.

pipiom
    Free Member

Does anybody understand the LB 3K/12K/UD options for rim make up……..I’ve read the explanation about 10times and still can’t work out which is best ie strongest overall…….anyone enlighten me please?

njee20
    Free Member

Cosmetic.

This shows all three:

Matt 3k for me.

pipiom
    Free Member

Yes I like the 3k in either gloss or matt but from their descriptions of the three I was reading that the UD was strongest, I think but it wasn’t really clear……Matt3K it is then

deadkenny
    Free Member

Yetiman – Member
    and an £8 customs clearance fee from Parcel Force.

Admin fee or rather rip off fee. Think it’s £15 it’s Parcel Force express shipping.

It’s basically loads of money for doing crap all other than press a couple of buttons and taking your money on behalf of HMRC.

All depends on the courier. Parcels coming in via standard Royal Mail stand a chance of getting away without VAT & duty, though smaller parcels really. Couriers pre-charge (and sometimes over charge, getting the duty rate wrong in particular) and slap on higher fees. Some like FedEx will surprise you with a bill later.

Being LB is in China, try asking them if they’ll offer VAT refund. A number of ebay sellers in China & HK for example will offer to refund VAT fees if you’re hit with it. Though not seen this with bike bits, but had it with camera lenses before. They do something a bit *ahem* though by basically marking your parcel as a warranty replacement which if was the truth attracts no charges 😉

pipiom
    Free Member

Cheers guys, it’s Chinese bank hol this weekend so I’m ordering on Tuesday. I’ll post some pics when the they’re on the Carbine.

Thanks for your help people.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘UK import duty when ordering LB stuff?’ is closed to new replies.