Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • UK holidays in February
  • mrmuddybum
    Free Member

Looking for suggestions for destinations in the UK during February next year. The other half has a 40th birthday, and I was thinking of booking a weeks hols somewhere, ideally near the coast, and would take 2/3 dogs (2 at the moment, but we might have 3 by February). I know the weather isn’t going to be great, but any ideas welcome.

So far thinking of Lake District, but would consider anywhere in the UK.

camo16
    Free Member

South is warmer. Cornwall in February wouldn’t be too* bad…

* comparatively speaking

allthegear
    Free Member

Cornwall, earlier this week…

camo16
    Free Member

Wow, allthegear, I was with my folks south of Truro last week and it was all sunshine and surf bums. What the hell happened?

thetallpaul
    Free Member

We went to Beadnell on the Northumberland Coast in February. Weather can be wild, but we enjoyed sunny/cloudy days and snowy nights.
    100 yards from the cottage we rented to the beach. Beach is pretty long to the south, so the dogs can go bonkers and there is a nice pub in Low Newton By The Sea. There are places to visit like Alnwick Castle, Banburgh Castle, Seahouses, etc.

highlandman
    Free Member

How about the Moray coast and Speyside.
    Whisky, dolphins, trails, dh ski or snowboarding, good food, long beach walks, bracing weather, Speyside Way, xc skiing at Huntly/ Clashindarroch; strange little villages like Pennan or Crovie. Winter surfing and kites. Inverness is close enough to be an accessible resource of big town stuff.
    Surprisingly good weather for Scotland in winter too. Find a great wee cottage in a coastal village and you’ll be sorted.

mrmuddybum
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions. We talked about it and decided to delay the holiday and go to the Lakes in June instead of February.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘UK holidays in February’ is closed to new replies.