Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • UK Gravity Enduro 2014 dates/venues revealed
  • chakaping
    Free Member
    ndthornton
    Free Member

Some interesting venues there
    No Hamsterley though 🙁
    That was my favorite

freeridenick
    Free Member

Innerleithen is back to back with EWS the following weekend.

kimbers

bring it on!

just gotta figure out how to pay for it all now and id like to do ews@tweed valley + the mega!

scottfitz
    Free Member

I think I will do Afan round only this year as Im doing the mega and lots of QECP stuff happening, its going to be a busy year!!!

chakaping
    Free Member

No Hamsterley though

Hamsterley and Eastridge were both great venues and both missing.

But Grizedale has the potential to be better than the lot.

legend
    Free Member

Wasn’t it 6 rounds for the last couple of years? Or did I dream that one up?

Never been to Grizedale, but isn’t it renouned as being almost as bad as Ae?

chakaping
    Free Member

The North Face trail is pretty tame, but the surrounding area has some of the most fun trails going.

Hopefully they can secure permission to race on some of the good stuff.

Northwind

freeridenick – Member

Innerleithen is back to back with EWS the following weekend.

In theory the EWS is at Glentress (heh, tbc, I think they’re still working it out) but yeah, close dates, not ideal in some ways. Good in others, easy to imagine a UKGE field stacked with international riders who’ve come for the EWS! And far better than the previous clash of national champs vs EWS, really good work to avoid that.

I thought Steve had said they wouldn’t return to CYB because of the tight restrictions on trails? I’m thinking the Nationals will be Hamsterley or Eastridge.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Hamsterley qas fun, but the loop was far too small. Being the UK National series the loops need to be like Dyfi IMO. 22km for Hamsterley is a Saturday morning ride, not a UKGE weekend. I kinda felt the same about Eastridge,

Looking at the original dates, it would appear the Afan round is the National Champs?

Not looking forward to 2 Innerleithen trips in the space of a few weeks. Oh well.

chakaping
    Free Member

Who’s ridden the previous Afan/CyB rounds?

How’d they compare to Inners/Eastridge/Hammers for quality of trails?

scottfitz
    Free Member

Who’s ridden run the previous Afan round?

https://www.rootsandrain.com/photos/426437

flyingmonkeycorps

If they could somehow secure permission to use some of the bridleways in Grizedale (I don’t suppose they’ll be able to, but here’s hoping!) then that could be amazing, I would definitely be there with bells on. Was chatting last time we rode there how good some of it would be for enduro stages.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

legend – Member
    Wasn’t it 6 rounds for the last couple of years? Or did I dream that one up?

Never been to Grizedale, but isn’t it renouned as being almost as bad as Ae?

POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

The trail centre, maybe, but there are some amazing bridleway descents in grizedale forest.

chakaping
    Free Member

Scottfitz – Yeah I remembered the mudbath video with Dan Atherton whinging.

Not feeling the lure of that one particularly but I wasn’t there myself though so don’t want to pre-judge it

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The problem with Afan was the time of year & the freshly cut track for stage 4 & the middle bit of stage 5.

It’s the only time i’ve ever ridden and worn 2 jackets I was so cold.

It was a tough day out that one. The tracks weren’t hard, but some of them were hard to ride fast. I struggled on the 7 minute pedal fest of stage 3 which finished on the final descent of the wall, because it was a redline effort all the way there, then a flat out descent at race pace that had the potential to be rocks covered in lots of ice (as some of the other stages were).

Nothing too tech though. Eastridge was probably the most tech of the season for me, but only on a couple of the stages.

t-p26
    Free Member

He`ll be busy selecting his Competitors, Marshal and Commisaires as we speak…..

kimbers

Afan was punishingly cold and that freshcut stuff was a slog
    to be fair it was pretty much the only event on that weekend

the rest of the UK looked like this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21907837

scottfitz
    Free Member

20130120_125218 by scottgolfgti, on Flickr

True looked like this in Hampshire

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘UK Gravity Enduro 2014 dates/venues revealed’ is closed to new replies.