Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • UK Gov versus FaceBook
  • grumm
    Free Member

Do you honestly – really HONESTLY believe that any Government will deliberately take any action to *directly* lead to the death of a single person without just cause?

Ideologically motivated cuts to benefits and social care etc will lead directly to the deaths (and reduced living conditions) of many people – much as you would like to pretend otherwise. It's a simple fact. Affects far more people than one random nutter.

Regarding the papers – I am 100% neutral on what papers write as I take anything written by any of them (left, centre or right) with enough salt to not believe much of it anyway. After all, they are all writing to please THEIR customers so write what they think they will want to read.

So why not the same laissez faire attitude to these facebook groups then?

Oh and your 'frothing' – 'to hell with free speech' was it?. So you think we should abandon one of the central principles of democracy because a few morons on facebook said something you don't like?

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

These kind of Facebook groups may well be in poor taste, but then there's no law against that.

It's certainly no business of the government to try and dictate what people get up to on Facebook as long as they aren't breaking any existing laws.

The semi-literate morons who believe that 'Moaty iz a LEDGENDD!!1ONE11' are a shower of oxygen thieves and ****. We can discount their half witted opinions accordingly.

Junkyard
    Free Member

😳

grum, whilst being extreme here, does have a point though unless you think the Tories have gone all compassionate now and are ideologically in love with the welfare state. Was it edwina Curry who suggested cold old people who could not afford heating in their houses should wear more jumpers and a hat in bed. Not impossibel to suggest this lead to some [premature] deaths

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Not impossibel to suggest this lead to some [premature] deaths

One could equally argue that it is nature taking its course – cold, old, die – not premature at all. After all, it's what animals do, they don't have gas central heating.

(Okay, I am being devil's advocate here and fully accept I am talking bollocks, but just making the point nonetheless).

grumm
    Free Member

and fully accept I am talking bollocks

At last.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

only about that last bit mind you grum.

still stand by what else I have said, as no doubt you do…

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘UK Gov versus FaceBook’ is closed to new replies.