• This topic has 17 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by accu.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • UK fat bike forum – still going?
  • ChannelD

Tried in the last week to join the UK Fatbike forum. Saw a previous thread about the forum and saw the webmaster had intercepted the requests about a year ago and handled the requests. I have recently tried to register and even tweeted @ScotRoutes about my request to join to indicate I am not a bot. ScotRoutes is active on this forum yet not handling the fat bike forum. It may be someone else is managing the site.

Is the forum active? It seems a little dead in the water?

johnnystorm

Just finished posting on there now, new threads pop up daily. Bit slow on the registration front though.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Still alive, but a quiet forum. Took me several attempts to join, might be coincidence, but the one that got me registered was not a Hotmail account (used gmail instead).

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

keep trying, it took me a good month or so to get in

JohnClimber
    Free Member

ChannelID
    email me your attempted log in forum name, your real name and they date and time you registered.
    If you can’t remember please do it again and email me (through the profile button on here)
    Once done I’ll pass it onto the gate keeper.

Long story but the forum does need updating to stop all the spam but the original owner isn’t playing ball and there’s too much stuff on there to lose

coastkid
    Free Member

Your not missing much as as it`s seriously boring!
    Nothing you won`t get on the two UK Fatbike Facebook pages by the same folk, and you get the added humour of Slam69 (Spam69!) selling his trade :mrgreen:

Northwind

Forums > Facebook.

TBH UK fat even let me in, so it can’t be that hard.

scotroutes

Sorry buddy, I’m not involved in the administration of it these days. There’s been all sorts of background hassle about site hosting, domain ownership and so on. TBH, as fatbikes have become more mainstream I see little point in a specific forum for what is no longer a niche. Some good guys on there with a lot of background but many post on here anyway.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Other bike forums, what, why?

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

aaaaaaand its died!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Meant to post about this earlier today, the forum vanished overnight, no warnings I was aware of yesterday. 😥

fattyre500
    Free Member

Is it properly gone or is it just a web problem?
    Hopefully not another victim of facebook 🙄

fd3chris
    Free Member

It’s still dead to me.

dahedd
    Free Member

Not working for me either 🙁 Pity I found it very helpful.

NormalMan

Gutted. Really liked that forum. Hope it is just a temporary glitch.

fattyre500
    Free Member

” IT’S ALIVE !!!! ” 🙂
    All back and people posting today.Hopefully just a web glitch.

akira

Think i saw something about maintenance on twitter or facebook so should be fine.

accu
    Free Member

good news… 🙂

but..
    I tried so often to join during the last years..
    never had a chance… will keep up trying..

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘UK fat bike forum – still going?’ is closed to new replies.