Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • UK Enduro series – Anyone know anything?
  • MussEd
    Free Member

Noticed the registration for Kielder Avalanche was open again. When I went on it mentions something about UK series with another race at Ae Forest . Can’t find anything else though, can anyone point me in the right direction for this? I remember rave reviews about the Kielder event on here last year so quite keen…

fbk
    Free Member

Quick bump for this as I’m wondering about doing the Avalanche Enduro too.

Entries seem to have opened very quietly for Kielder but not for Ae yet. I know a lot of good reports came out of the Kielder round last year. Anyone got any more info?

And what’s that about a doctors note needed for anyone without a license?!!

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Entries are currently open only for the Saab Salomon Avalanche trophy, of which Kielder is a counting round, there was news on several sites that these entries had opened and it had been publicised on their site for the last 2 months that entries were opening last week!

Anyway……entries and further details of the other counting rounds for the UK series tbc, Ae is in the calendar, there was a Lake District round but that seems to have disappeared off the radar. I am sure full details will be out soon.

As for doctors note, seems to be a Euro thing (for insurance purposes perhaps?), the organisers are Euro based.

grumm
    Free Member

Just tried to enter but its not working at the mo.

fbk
    Free Member

tenacious_doug – ah, ok. Guess I haven’t been looking in the right places then (Nothing on here/BM anyway – guess it’s a bit more DH orientated).

Still sounds like a good weekend, and a good excuse to visit a new riding area…. and probably a good oportunity to get blitzed by serious riders! Oh well, in for a penny.

fbk
    Free Member

grumm – I see you’re entering Mega-avanlanche too. Are you going for the series ;o)

V jealous though – must make an effort to do that next year!

fbk
    Free Member

Anyone on here do the Kielder round last year?

grumm
    Free Member

Hehe – yeah I imagine I will be one of the favourites. ;p

Somewhat scared but mega-excited (see what I did there). Ordered a full face helmet and an adjustable seatpost already 😀

fbk
    Free Member

Nice word play 😉

Adjustable seat post… now there’s an idea… If I manage to get on the site – I can’t access it either at the mo!

Have you done the enduro before – any idea on total ride length etc?

steve_b77
    Free Member

I really fancy getting into this kinda thing as normal XC or full on DH races aren’t for me.

What kind of protection / body armour is required other than a Full Face

fbk
    Free Member

The rules state helmets and “full finger” gloves are manditory. Full face helmet & elbow/knee pads are recommended.

I guess the pads are a good idea but I’m not sure I fancy riding an entire enduro with a full face lid!

MussEd
    Free Member

Nothing! Don’t think you even are required to wear Full Face. IIRC pics from the Kielder event last year showed loads of riders with open face helmets{a few euro style with goggles}, the events take place round normal trail centres so just whatever you’d normally wear.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Nice one, how competitive is it for normal riders? Is it quite a relaxed event?

neil853
    Free Member

I really wanted to do the avalanche enduro at kielder but when filling out the application form it asks for you to either have a racing license of a note from your doctor saying your fit enough?

i emailes the co and they said that because they are a french co they need these things! that puts approx another £50 on the entry price?!

Shame……like i said really wanted to do it

neil853
    Free Member

or a note from your doctor its meant to say. sorry

MussEd
    Free Member

I signed up for a Facebook group in connection with these events and just got this message through –

“Subject: Entries Kielder.

Entries are on line at http://www.avalanchecup.com
    Click on Inscriptions and you will be re directed to an on line entry system.
    The event runs for 3 days with open practice on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.
    There is a “Prolog” stage on Saturday afternoon, this is a seeding run to give your start order for Sunday, This stage time will also be added to your stage times from Sunday.
    IT IS VITAL THAT YOU ARE THERE TO COMPETE IN THE “PROLOG”….
    Riders who can not make it will be given a hefty time penalty and have to start at last with the slower riders…
    Riders depart at 30 second intervals and you have plenty of time to get to each stage where you will be set off on the “Special Stages” at 30 second intervals also..
    There will be a BBQ and music Saturday at approx 6pm to collect your Sunday race plate and start times.
    I will write up a full event time table nearer the event,
    Get those entries in and we will put a shrimp on the barbie.
    Look forward to seeing you all there.
    Clive

Ae Forest Enduro is just 2 weeks later – 8th 9th & 10th May, This is the opening event for the World Mountain Bike Conference and Original Bike Festival. Entries are not live yet..”

Link for those with Facebook is HERE

grumm
    Free Member

I’m sure someone told me about the doctors note thing for the mega – I seems to remember there is somewhere you can get one off the net and fill it in yourself!

anderwho
    Free Member

I've had a look at the website and watched a few clips and it seems to be fairly serious, some pro riders etc. Is it also suitable for the likes of me – without a sponser and have only entered a couple of non serious enduros? It sounds good fun, exactly what I'm into but can anyone offer any advice?

andrewy33
    Free Member
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘UK Enduro series – Anyone know anything?’ is closed to new replies.