Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • UK Enduro DH Tubeless Tyre Choice……
  • matt007
    Free Member

Hi all,

Just after some more opinions…..

I’m going to ride a few rounds of the gravity enduro series this year. I did the kielder round last year, but flatted on the final stage…. I was running a pair of 2.35 single ply high rollers.

I am going to give tubeless a go to avoid the same happening at any races this year (or reduce the chance at least), but I can’t make my mind up on tyres. I’ve given ghetto tubeless a go before bit found the sidewalls on normal tyres far too weak / thin.

This time I’m going to try Stans flow rims… But what tyres? I want something fast rolling on te back, ie Crossmark or Racing Ralph style, and lots of bite on the front ie High Roller or minion front.

The main thing is I want decent strong supportive side walls. Can anyone make any recommendations?

doug_basqueMTB.com

I find it depends where I ride and how I’m riding. Mostly I get by with a set of Maxis singleply rear/front. If I’m going somewhere really rocky then I put on a dual ply at the rear but the single upfront is always OK. This last month or so I’ve been experimenting with the Maxxis Exo Protection on the rear and so far it’s been good. I’ve been riding for fun, not guiding, so lots of fast and rough stuff. (e.g. rocky hell road video: http://vimeo.com/37061894) No issues so far. That’s on 819 front / 823 back.

Northwind

Depends on the course and conditions tbh. If you were to do the CYB round, you’ll want different characteristics than if you do the innerleithen round and they use the interesting trails and it rains.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘UK Enduro DH Tubeless Tyre Choice……’ is closed to new replies.