Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • UK DH hardtail champs 2015 – 6th June @ QECP
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

Got a HT?
    Ride DH on it?
    I have been working to bring back the HT champs for a couple of years!!
    Well I have put it all together and it going to be great 🙂

Info here: http://ride.io/news/uk-hardtail-dh-camps-returns/

Would love it if some of you guys could make it too.

nedrapier

Hmmm. I’m not far away, now we’ve moved house. But I’m more a “ride down hills” rather than “ride DH”.

Might have a spin down there to see what the tracks are like. Only been through there on the SDW.

Good work getting it organised though, sounds like a journey!

deviant
    Free Member

Double post.

deviant
    Free Member

Hi Scott, whats the timetable likely to be like on that day because I work shifts and have to be at work at 1830 and I’d love to race this!

scottfitz
    Free Member

deviant – Member

Hi Scott, whats the timetable likely to be like on that day because I work shifts and have to be at work at 1830 and I’d love to race this!
    As long as you don’t make the podium you will be fine 😉

Hardtails go firsts ish so your second run should be done by about 3:30 latest

deviant
    Free Member

Perfect. How do I enter?!

scottfitz
    Free Member

BC website, not live yet. That is one bit I’m not in control of or it would be live now!

Mbnut
    Free Member

this might just be the incentive I need to turn a pile of bits into a bike…

Good work Scott.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is the prize still the denim cut?

scottfitz
    Free Member

Nope but hopefully something else cool, working on it 😉

scottfitz
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

Is the prize still the denim cut?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rYesHg]Champs tee 2015[/url] by Southern Enduro / QECP Trail Collective, on Flickr

scottfitz
    Free Member

Hi guys entry is now live, If you have a HT grab your mate and come to the champs! It will be great fun 🙂

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/133136/Gravity-Project-Honey-Series-2015-Rd4

kimbers

Hmm tempted to try and build up a dh hardtail !

scottfitz
    Free Member

You have to mate the banter will be epic 😉

nedrapier

QECP and BC websites say Sunday the 7th?

scottfitz
    Free Member

Sorry its the sunday 7th, there is optional practice on the Saturday.

wrecker
    Free Member

Just how “DH” is it? Stupid question?

scottfitz
    Free Member

Not very IMO, It’s piggybacking on a grassroots race

scottfitz
    Free Member

Here a race report form last years race. All features are rollable or have chicken line.
    http://www.qecptrailcollective.co.uk/2014/06/race-report-gravity-project-rd4-qecp/

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not very IMO

Says the course setter from a race ridden in the dark which seemed to reduce a decent portion of the field to quivering wrecks 🙂

Painey
    Free Member

Must admit I’m tempted to enter this as it’s fairly local but my HT is a 29er XC bike, kinda worried I’d ruin it!

scottfitz
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

Not very IMO

Says the course setter from a race ridden in the dark which seemed to reduce a decent portion of the field to quivering wrecks
    Very true 😯
    If I was to compare the track to the Day & night enduro stages I would say easier than 1 & 2 and Harder than 3 & 4.

40mpg

Scott, is this in the park or Headdown? ie using stuff from the day & night? (cos I coped with that – just!)

Also, is there a fully rigid category? – I’m thinking fatbike given the slideyness last weekend 😀

scottfitz
    Free Member

Headdown and a fatbike would be great fun! I think we all ready have one coming 😉

scottfitz
    Free Member

Painey – Member

Must admit I’m tempted to enter this as it’s fairly local but my HT is a 29er XC bike, kinda worried I’d ruin it!
    My mate is racing on his Solaris not that there very XC but it is a 29er 😉

40mpg

Is a full face necessary or just an ordinary lid OK?

jambalaya
    Free Member

If I was to compare the track to the Day & night enduro stages I would say easier than 1 & 2 and Harder than 3 & 4.

Tell you what. I am supposed to be in Lisbon that weekend but if we don’t confirm that this weekend I’ll do the DH. 26 ain’t dead but I might be 🙂

scottfitz
    Free Member

40mpg – Member

Is a full face necessary or just an ordinary lid OK?
    Full Face only!

nedrapier

Just a full face helmet? Lawks.

40mpg

There was a guy on the Isle of Wight randonee a few weeks back in just a thong – each to their own eh?

(Wasn’t pleasant passing him on a climb as he was out of the saddle – also he needed mudguards 😯 )

kayla1
    Free Member

Righty-o. Talk me through how I enter please because I have no idea. Is it like motorcycle racing where I have to join a club, then the governing body, then put my entry in?

Marin
    Free Member

Too far south for me or I’d play.

alpin
    Free Member

would so love a bash or indeed just spectate at this and just so happen to be visiting the UK on tht weekend.- unfortunately i’ve got a wedding to attend in Suffolk on the 6th.

🙁

nedrapier

Race is on the Sunday, so you’re all set! 😀

kayla1
    Free Member

Hardtail is open to males only according to the BC website 😥 Shame, cos I’d have wooped some ass* 😆

* in my head

cumberlandsausage
    Free Member

hmmmm, I wonder how my 4x bike would get on…..

scottfitz
    Free Member

In 2013 I raced the track on my dialled holeshot 4x for the win 🙂

m0rk
    Free Member

Also, is there a fully rigid category? – I’m thinking fatbike given the slideyness last weekend

scottfitz – Member
    Headdown and a fatbike would be great fun! I think we all ready have one coming

Piece of piss on a fatbike.

GP race- earlier in the year & I wasn’t last

scottfitz
    Free Member

kayla1 – Member
    Righty-o. Talk me through how I enter please because I have no idea. Is it like motorcycle racing where I have to join a club, then the governing body, then put my entry in?
    POSTED 3 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Don’t need any of that just need to enter online.
    Also I was unaware that ladies could not enter Hardtails. Seam a bit sexist IMO.

scottfitz
    Free Member

And M0rk is signing up for this one right?!??!?!???????!!!?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘UK DH hardtail champs 2015 – 6th June @ QECP’ is closed to new replies.