Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Uk debt helpline.
  • zippykona

Does anyone know how to contact them so I can annoy the **** out of them.
    A quick google has not been productive.
    Anyone on here help?
    Vengeance will be sweet.

sockpuppet

0808 808 4000

(Unless https://www.nationaldebtline.org weren’t who you wanted, I which case I’ll wipe the smug expression from my face)

zippykona

Definitely UK debt helpline.

garage-dweller

Ok I will bite… Why?

zippykona

Because those **** have called me up 3 times today and every time I ask to talk to the **** on the phone’s boss they hang up.
    I wish to send them lots of abusive letters with 1p stamps so they get stung by the post office. I want to go to their offices and be as bloody obnoxious as possible.
    And yes, I have pressed 9 to opt out of their calls.

somafunk

My recommendation? – one of those very small personal attack alarms ( you can get keyring sized ones) that make a helluva noise.

Failing that then say “Where did you get this number?…..do you realise this is a secure government number and you are in violation of the Secure Electronic Communications Act – code 17 ………there is usually a silence at this point……… what you decide to do from here on in up to you, you can either ask where they are calling from or ask for their superior (they pretty much always give you this information) and take it from there.

Sometimes they panic and immediately hang up so that kinda spoils the fun………

wanmankylung
    Free Member

My recommendation? – one of those very small personal attack alarms ( you can get keyring sized ones) that make a helluva noise.

If you do that I’ll come round there and stick one on you for them. No need to potentially deafen them.

garage-dweller

I understand totally!!!
    My mobile phone provider was actually the worst culprit for bloody aggressive hard sell calls. Day after day from 7am to 9pm pretty much. 3 or 4 missed and answered calls a day on occasion. What is it about some cold callers that they cannot understand that I a grown adult know I really don’t need the crap that they are selling.

Rolls eyes

somafunk

Want my address wanmankylung?, email in profile, knock hard at the door eh?…i’m a bit deaf.

The calls are a **** joke and more often than not are trying to sell you crap that is worthless or offering a service that is worthless.

Rather than opt-out of receiving them it should be a case of opt- in if you wish to receive them otherwise it should be an offence to harass me many times a day with PPi claims or accident compensation claims.

nealglover
    Free Member

Pick on the minimum wage earner trying to do their job and pay the bills.

That will stop the company dead in its tracks I’m sure.

You sound you’ve really thought it through.

somafunk

What has minimum wage got to do with it?, I earn minimum wage (actually 20p more than) yet I don’t hassle folk on a daily basis and I’d hazard a guess that those working in call centres get paid more than I do.

nealglover
    Free Member

If you don’t understand the fairly obvious point I was making, then I’m probably wasting my time trying to explain it any further.

Mantastic
    Free Member

I work at debt line, a quick search on your email address on here gives me your contact details.

I will ensure we don’t forget to call you this week

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I work at debt line,

Wouldn’t it be easier to just stop calling the OP as he’s requested or is it right that you and your employer are just such ****s that you deserve the whistle treatment?

piemonster

The OP is on TPS?

Stopped my nuisance calls dead. The victim recipient of these calls should be in a stronger position soon iirc with some changes to the system.

piemonster

Wouldn’t it be easier to just stop calling the OP as he’s requested or is it right that you and your employer are just such ****s that you deserve the whistle treatment?

I think it’s only fair to label the employer as a ****

The employee may also be a ****. However its possible that they might not have had a choice of employer due to the circumstances they found themselves in.

bearnecessities

This has all the ingredients for a short, easily agreeable topic.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Where would the fun be if we stopped calling folks whom get annoyed. Bring on the whistle treatment, that’s tame compared to some of the stuff we get

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

The employee may also be a ****. However its possible that they might not have had a choice of employer due to the circumstances they found themselves in

..and this isn’t ****-like behaviour?

I work at debt line, a quick search on your email address on here gives me your contact details.

I understand that some people would struggle with the challenge of taking orders in McDonalds I and feel for them, but I also have the right not to be called by some **** trying to sell me something I don’t want.

piemonster

Like I asked the OP. You are on TPS?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Where would the fun be if we stopped calling folks whom get annoyed. Bring on the whistle treatment, that’s tame compared to some of the stuff we get

Cheers, and seen as you were good enough to put your email address in your profile, you’ll be ok with emails from people with whom you share a level of ****ishness

zippykona

Yep on TPS.
    Have managed to find this company ..http://www.endole.co.uk/company/06813413/debt-helpline-uk-limited.
    I’m assuming it’s the same people will dig a bit more. They are not too far away and shall get a visit once I can confirm its them.

maccruiskeen

No need to potentially deafen them.

Its fine – no matter how loud the noise you make on your end of the phone the person on the other end won’t hear anything louder than the sound a telephone can make. The only person with bleeding eardrums will be the one with the fog horn in their hand.

DT78
    Free Member

If they are calling on your mobile just add the number to the blocked list so it doesn’t even ring. If the number is withheld I’ve got my phone setup to not bother me either, if it is important they will leave a message, if not it was just a cold call (or agent) which italmostalways is

somafunk

So you work at debt line eh?, I bet that’s a thoroughly rewarding job cold calling folk who could get free (and far more relevant) advice on how to consolidate their debts from the Citizens Advice or similar free organisations, the company you work for is nothing more than a parasitic business model that preys on the most vulnerable who genuinely need impartial help and advice to lift them out of debt, they do not need to pay you 30%+ of all “consolidation” payments, and they most certainly do not need you to hold onto that money for a preset number of days so you gain “interest” either. So you purposefully set out to scam folk for a living?, well done….I bet you’re proud of yourself.
    I know exactly how your business model works thanks to a friend who volunteers at the local citizens advice so don’t try and say you’re providing a valuable public service either

I’d much rather you didn’t call me Callum, I do not wish to be harassed but I obviously can’t expect you to pay heed to the Telecommunications (data protection & privacy) regulations of 1999 can I?, so if I do receive a call I will ask for you by your full name then we can have a nice friendly chat about your lack of foresight in posting the above on a public forum.

Have a nice day 😀

bigblackshed

TPS does sod all. I still get UK based calls. ATM 4-5 home improvement or green initiative calls per day, some are automated. 10+ non UK calls a day from far distant lands, where everyone has a false Anglo-Saxon name, that would like to ask me a few questions.

All TPS does is ask legit companies to not phone those numbers on the list. Nothing to stop unscrupulous ones from doing so. There’s nothing OFCOM can do if you don’t have a number, most are withheld, or the company name, and none of them will give you that if you ask.

I could block all withheld numbers on my mobile, but I do get quite a few legit calls from unknown numbers, that’s the way some companies phone systems, especially Internet based phone systems, work.

bedmaker

I occasionally ponder whether it might be possible to get one of these parasites to sue themselves and give me a small cut from it.
    ‘We’re calling about your accident’ Ah yes the one where I tripped running for the phone after you called me…again? 🙂

Normally I just hang up, but a while back I had a long, surreal call over a cup of tea with a charming Asian gent called Freddie about whether £2500 was really a fair offer for injuries sustained falling off my motorbike. They included very severe brain damage, loss of one arm and both legs 🙂
    The amazing thing was that it was me who eventually had to end the chat.

Rich
    Free Member

Mantastic – Member
    I work at debt line.

Am I the only one to assume this was a joke?

mucker

No Rich, I can confirm that Mantastic is employed at debt line (I am his manager) and will be recognised for his dedication in ensuring Zippykona receives special attention.

jota180
    Free Member

You could always try this approach 🙂

piemonster

TPS does sod all.

Worked 100% for me.

New laws come into force by April btw.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

TPS does sod all.

Worked for me. Doesn’t block international calls and they can still eba pain. Also, if you’ve signed up for something (like a mobile phone contract) and not ticked the “No I don’t want any of your bullshit” box then you’ve effectively agreed to receive these calls ad TPS can’t help.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Uk debt helpline.’ is closed to new replies.