• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • UK cycle centre co uk – have I been scammed? (possible SCAM ALERT)
  • sorrymods
    Free Member

Firstly I would like to apologise for creating a new account just to post this. Created this ages ago but I now the time has come to use it.

Bit of a long story..

I had some forks listed on pinkbike buy sell . Received a message from http://www.pinkbike.com/u/uk-cycle-centre/ saying that they are interested, however I was on holiday and couldnt post them. I was told that they are still interested in the forks so when I get back from my holiday I could just send them through their website https://www.ukcyclecentre.co.uk/sell/. The price was agreed in the pinkbike conversation.

After I got back from my holiday I filled in the online form and got an email reply saying that they are happy to receive the forks. I asked for the payment upfront by PayPal but got told that this will be processed once the forks go though their workshop. I thought that sounded a bit weird but since they are a company I agreed to post the forks to them.

They received the forks at the end of August (I used tracked postage to confirm this). A few days after they listed the forks serviced and clean, ready to be purchased from their website (they are still on their website)

Over ten days has passed since they received the forks and I still havent received the payment. They reply to my emails saying that they have a problem with processing payments and are trying to fix the issue. At the end of last week they said that they will fix the issue within 48 hours but this now has passed and there is still no sign of the money.

What can I do?

Many thanks

rickon
    Free Member

Immediately sounds like a company with no capital. ‘Problem processing payment’ = Problem with cash flow.

I’d reckon they won’t give you money til they sell your forks.

Don’t ever sell anything before getting money first. You know this now.

chakaping
    Free Member

What rickon said.

Chancers by the sound of it.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’d bet my balls to a barn dance their SOP is to claim ‘unforeseen issues’ to try to get money in before they pay out.

I’ve been contacted by a re-selling outfit before when I was selling some stuff, I don’t really know what value they add really.

scaredypants

from web page

UK Cycle Centre OPENING WEEKEND 5TH & 6TH SEP at MALVERN BUSINESS CENTRE, WR14 1GS

If that’s their only premises, they’re either extremely newly set up or else busy relocating.

Are you anywhere near them – I’d pop in for a chat

stevied
    Free Member

I know the manager there as it’s a local company. They’ve had a big push this weekend getting the shop open so that might be an issue. No excusing the non paying though. I’ll direct him to this tomorrow and see if he can shed some light on it.

sorrymods
    Free Member

rickon – yeah you’re totally right, I’ve learnt my lesson
    scaredypants thanks for the address – unfortunately I’m not anywhere near them 🙁

stevied that would be great if you could speak to the manager

bruneep

you sold something on PB yet you come onto STW moan about it?

squoglybob
    Free Member

The HORROR…………..

sorrymods
    Free Member

UPDATE for anyone following this

The morning after posting this thread I received the money, however they didn’t cover the Paypal fees. The remaining amount was covered this morning.

Ah well, got the money in the end but it took way too long. Thanks for everyone’s help and advice

DrP

I’d give this story 34% on Rotten Tomatoes.

DrP

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘UK cycle centre co uk – have I been scammed? (possible SCAM ALERT)’ is closed to new replies.