Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • UK CPS Parking charge advice, please
  • dabble
    Free Member

How do,

I got a ticket last saturday night after parking up at 8.15pm, in a car park run by UK CPS. It is a “Parking Charge Notice”. I’ve done a bit of digging and it looks like a lot of people ignore them. I was thinking of appealing as the signs say you will be clamped, not ticketed so they break their own contract there (i think, IANAL) and there are no times indicating when the charges run from/ to. The ticket is barely legible and was issued at 8.17pm, a couple of minutes after i arrived so i think the ticket issuer must have seen me, and if he did, why not stop me to mitigate my losses?

I will include the following pics with my letter, it’s a postal appeals process (just to make it a little bit more difficult) and i will send it by recorded delivery.

Anybody think of owt else? Flame me for being so daft as to not get a ticket? (I had no change, and thought the car park would be free after 6pm anyway- didn’t see owt on the signs though 😳 ) Or just validate my reasoning so i can feel content i’m sticking it to the man?

Thanks.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

http://www.pepipoo.com/ is the place to look.

dabble
    Free Member

Thanking you.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Junkyard
    Free Member

given the contract is to clamp you and they did not i think they may well struggle to enforce the contract as they have in fact not enforced the contract

nealglover
    Free Member

Either ignore it, or pay it (either way will work)

Contacting them to appeal (in this case) is pointless in my opinion.

the-muffin-man

(I had no change, and thought the car park would be free after 6pm anyway

Sorry mate – your fault.

Those signs are pretty clear IMO.

and there are no times indicating when the charges run from/ to.

Apart from the bits that say the price per hour, and the bit that says price per day. Most people would assume a day runs from midnight to midnight – you know, like a day does!

ransos
    Free Member

AFAIK clamping you would be illegal, and I see they’ve taped over the parking charge threat accordingly. So what contract have you entered?

theotherjonv

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/parking-fine-again-what-to-do

Don’t ignore it, appeal on the basis that their charges are out of line with their losses incurred, and that they do not represent a genuine pre-estimate of their loss. And inform them that if they dismiss your appeal, that you will be appealing through POPLA, so they might as well give you the POPLA reference number as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘UK CPS Parking charge advice, please’ is closed to new replies.