Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • UK Bike Store – They're really rather good!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good people running a good business, IMHO.

From what I can see, almost everyone has had really good service from them.

Balance…..

🙂

honourablegeorge

I needed (well, “needed” is a bit strong) a black right hand SRAM matchmaker recently, wasn’t on their site. Gave them a call, within a day they had ordered it, got it into stock, added it to the site, and mailed me to tell me. And it arrived two days later (to Ireland).

Can’t fault that for service.

shermer75
    Free Member

Apparently you can’t work on their sales team until you’re a ‘Sir’. Stunning!

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I ordered some stuff on Tuesday, it’s still not arrived. I’m planning a strongly worded letter to the Prime Minister as we speak.

mattjg
    Free Member

Always been good for me.

D0NK

pretty wide range of spares, had a few hope parts off them that I’ve had trouble finding elsewhere.

shermer75
    Free Member

I ordered some stuff on Tuesday, it’s still not arrived. I’m planning a strongly worded letter to the Prime Minister as we speak.

Let me know how it goes. I have Ban Ki-moon’s email address ready if you need it…

rocketman
    Free Member

Refreshingly honest about stock levels and availability, even if it meant them losing a sale.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Let me know how it goes. I have Ban Ki-moon’s email address ready if you need it…

I’m sure I have Hannibal Smith’s phone number somewhere, he did say that if I had a problem, that nobody else could solve, and if I could find him, I should give him a call…

Sandwich

But did you pay for Saturday delivery? If so that’s your mistake!

sv

Use them for Hope spares and had a few other bits and pieces of them – great company IMO.

MarkN
    Free Member

+1. Never had any issues with them on the orders I have placed and received in good time.

timc
    Free Member

That other thread has made me want to use them 🙂

scottfitz
    Free Member

Been happy with there service. Will use again.

stevied
    Free Member

I’m going to email them to see if they can get hold of a couple of parts for me. If they can’t supply me with the parts I need is it OK to write a complain on here?

xiphon
    Free Member

Thumbs up from me too, used them loads for hope spares, even old obscure stuff they had lying around the warehouse…

Top marks 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

Is this the yin or the yan thread?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

After ordering on Tuesday, I’ve only just got a confirmation email stating that the order will now be picked. So the chances of me having the items for the weekend when I could really do with them is quite slim.

So to be honest, not very impressed with UK Bike Store and will probably stick with Wiggle or CRC in future.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Shibboleth did you tell them that you needed the items for the weekend? Sounds to me like they were out of stock but knew they’d get them in within 1 or 2 days and out to you as soon as they did, so didn’t bother to contact you to say there would be a delay.

zelak999
    Free Member

Always been pretty good IMO. Good honest stock levels, quick despatch.
    I resent paying for delivery though so i tend to use CRC/Wiggle/anyotherbikestorewithfreedelivery.

watsontony
    Free Member

i phones them to check stock levels. they had what i needed so i ordered and it arrived when they said. cant really do much better can they?

Kryton57

cloudnine – Member
    Is this the yin or the yan thread?

fuzzhead
    Free Member

no bad experiences with UK Bike Store here, recommended

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Shibboleth did you tell them that you needed the items for the weekend? Sounds to me like they were out of stock but knew they’d get them in within 1 or 2 days and out to you as soon as they did, so didn’t bother to contact you to say there would be a delay.

All items were marked as in stock at the time of ordering. I ordered Tuesday morning so I would have expected any decent mail-order outfit to have been able to process the order and get it to me by the weekend – CRC and Wiggle are generally next day or within 2 days.

It’s not the end of the world, but it’s not a particularly good level of service in my experience. In future, my choice will be based on the fact that I ordered once and wasn’t impressed, whereas I’ve ordered hundreds of items from CRC over the years and ALWAYS been impressed.

In future, I’ll regard UK Bike Store in the same light as Ribble Cycles: OK if they have the item cheaper than anywhere else and I’m not in a hurry for it, otherwise I’ll avoid them due to not very good service.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Well I actually know the guys at UKBikestore – they are on the same business park as me. Their warehouse has a dedicated picking team for all orders separate to the desk guys.
    Did you make sure that as well as being “in stock” that the schedule for dispatch matched when you wanted them?
    Their site is different to most of the others as they show when the estimated dispatch day is as well so that can be confusing as some items might not necessarily go wehen you expect them depending on when the couriers are scheduled to pick up.

tomhoward

I’ve had no good experiences with them evar.

I haven’t used them either, but I will, after the strong recommendations!

stevied
    Free Member

I thought I’d give them a try to source a headset seal. It’s a 99p part so wasn’t too sure how much interest they would pay.
    emailed them yesterday morning, got a reply @ about 5pm to say that the part had been added to the system..ordered them today. Can’t say any fairer than that, top drawer service (and all for a £2 order).
    I’ve ordered them on normal delivery, maybe they’ll arrive tomorrow…

xcentric
    Free Member

Balance

What are you on? this is the internet. Worse, this is STW.

WE DON’T WANT BALANCE, WE WANT TO SHOUT. PREFERRABLLY, IN THE **TITLE**, WITH SMELLING ERROS AND BAD GRAMMMAR, INNIT

😀

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘UK Bike Store – They're really rather good!’ is closed to new replies.