Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • UK Bike Skills.
  • singlespeedstu

Mrs stu had expressed an interest in attending one of Tony’s courses.
    So after reading a few good things on here about him i thought i’d go along too.

Now I’ve been riding in one form or another for a very long time.
    BMX, MX, Moto Enduro and MTB all my life so I was a bit unsure if Jedi would be able to help me…

We were both looking for different things which again I though might be a problem…

Well what can i say.

We both had a fantastic day and came away having both got what we were looking for.
    In Mrs stu’s case she got what she was looking for and a whole lot more. 😀

I won’t go into his teaching methods but lets just say they are very simple but also very effective.

I’m over the moon at the way he got Mrs stu railing the berms and jumping. 😀 And all with no fuss or pressure.
    As for myself. When we arrived i had a look round and the first thing a saw was a 9′ gap jump and though **** me that’s beyond me.
    Well turns out i was wrong. 8)
    So all in all i think it was worth the drive down to see Tony and would highly recommend it to anyone. No matter how long you’ve been riding for.

http://ukbikeskills.blogspot.co.uk/

[url=https://flic.kr/p/o37TA6]Thanks to Tony @ http://www.ukbikeskills.co.uk/%5B/url%5D by multispeedstu, on Flickr

maxtorque

Another happy customer^^^^ Nice one Tony 😉

slowrider
    Free Member

Saw the pics on FB, looks like you had a great session.

Believe me, your coaching day was only the beginning of your progression!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

But can he pour a beer?

No wonder you always see him drinking out of bottles 😉

matther01
    Free Member

Has anyone been on one of the public days? £210 might be a bit steep…or would it be better to save a bit and do the one to one?

slowrider
    Free Member

I learned loads from my public day. It was a real mixed group but somehow we all got loads out of it.

The 2-1 I had a few months later was even better though!

jonnyv
    Free Member

Tony is ace.That’s all.

gaz552
    Free Member

Sounds like fun. I might have to treat myself to one of these someday.

granny_ring

Nice one!

jedi

Stu, it was a pleasure to meet and coach you both B-)

smcicr
    Free Member

Been twice, sent a friend – thoroughly worth it and definitely recommended.

Is it expensive? Maybe, everyone has different budgets but many of us spend a lot on components, kit etc that we might not exactly ‘need’ [pulls on flame retardant jacket because I know where I am ;P]. What ‘I’ have got out of my time with Tony won’t break, won’t wear out, won’t become unfashionable and get phased out for a different size / material etc

If you have a birthday coming up and don’t know what to ask for then get your hands on some vouchers to help with the costs.

I’ll be going back again – not because it doesn’t work but because it does and there’s more to learn, more progression to be had. I’ve also got my eye on that gap Stu – and maybe even more but I need to keep practicing and get the skills locked in first – then I can apply them to bigger stuff 🙂

Thanks Tony – top man, top coach.

Jason.

ART

Great stuff, looking forward to our session with Tony in Sept 🙂

maxtorque

Bet it’s a tad warm on that “field of dreams” today!!

(i’m sat here, looking at a laptop, in a dark garage trying to get a rally car working that has to be out on shakedown at 5.30am tommorrow…………. )

Euro
    Free Member

Looks like a great place to ride/learn on.

I do find it a bit odd that someone who’s rode

BMX, MX, Moto Enduro and MTB all my life

would worry about a 9′ gap 😉

matther01
    Free Member

Mrs Matther01 has kindly told me I can have a public day for my bday/xmas. Looking forward to checking the work calendar on Monday and get it booked!

_tom_
    Free Member

Yep, Tony is awesome and herts shore is such a fun place to ride, must go back to see Tony there at some point.

jonnyv
    Free Member

Actually that’s not all.Tony is indeed ace and then some.He helped me to ride my bike better on the day.I still use his methods and my riding gets more and more enjoyable as a result.I’d strongly advise spending some time with Tony if you would like to learn some things and get so much more out of your rides from that day on..like I did and my mate who went with me.
    And….my pal also applied some of Tony’s guidance to his track days on one of those bikes with a bloody great big engine in the middle of it,that helped as well.He was thinking about packing it in but stuck with it post Tony session and now he’s a very happy chappy.

singlespeedstu

I do find it a bit odd that someone who’s rode

BMX, MX, Moto Enduro and MTB all my life
    would worry about a 9′ gap

That’s what a few years break from riding and replacing the buzz with pills can do for you kids. 😉
    Stick to the bikes much more fun in the long run. 8)

BTW I still know quite a few folks that can nail a 50′ double on an MX bike but still shy away from a mere 9’gap on a treder. 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

@mather – its quite is simply the best money you’ll ever spend on your biking. I do appreciate that the cost of the session and drive there and back may be a significant outlay but it’s much more effective than those “must have” bike upgrades. I personally think a private session has to be better value than a public one, 2.5 times the price for a whole day 1-1 – bargain.

jedi

kind words indeed jambalaya etc

cynic-al
    Free Member

singlespeedstu – Member
    Now I’ve been riding in one form or another for a very long time.
    BMX, MX, Moto Enduro and MTB all my life so I was a bit unsure if Jedi would be able to help me..

TBF I always thought you were pretty awesome.

singlespeedstu

No work today al? 😆

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘UK Bike Skills.’ is closed to new replies.