Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • UK Bike Skills
  • HughStew

Another vote for jedi coaching from me. I had a great day, and was amazed with what I was doing by the end of the session. In his blog Tony kindly omitted the fact that having cleared the tabletop I declared myself knackered and then wiped out on my “one last jump” while riding back to the car. Braking with your face is a bad idea.

Best upgrade I ever made. Thanks Tony.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Never say “one more”. It’s always two more, for that very reason.

jedi

We had finished and you said you go get your drink. Next thing I saw you on the floor. Glad you was ok. Let me know how the riding goes 🙂

pedwarpimp
    Free Member

Today I have mostly been getting Jedi”d

Just got to say a massive thank you to Tony.

I’ve only started riding this year and thought I would look at getting some coaching as I knew very little about mountain biking, so I booked up with uk bike skills after reading a few recommendations on this site. I was surprised how long the waiting list was for a private session (figured that was good thing so booked a date, that date was today). During my wait Tony informed me there was a space on a public single track day, as I’m fairly impatient person, I jumped at the chance. The day was great, and I felt I learnt a lot, but being new too biking, it gave me some great direction and stuff too practice.

In the meantime I’ve been riding when I can, which is not a great deal, but I have been trying to put in to practice the techniques I learnt from the public session, however, I have been really struggling with jumping and riding steep stuff, not necessarily in ability but in confidence or lack of.

Having been really excited or months for today, I will admit to feeling quite tired and full of cold all week after riding D2D last weekend, in turn this made me quite anxious/ nervous going today as I knew I wanted to concentrate on the stuff I didn’t feel comfortable with.

Driving up all I could think about was the steep descents and table top jumps thinking ill never be able to do it, this is where I believe Tony has earns his name as Jedi, before I knew it, not only was I riding the table top I was clearing it, together with clearing the gap Jump, then to finish off riding a pretty high, pretty steep descent. Even now sat here typing this I’m finding it hard too believe how much I achieved in such I short time.

If any one out there is wondering whether coaching is worth it then I hope this helps make up your mind. As others as said this has been better value than any upgrade would been.

Thanks Tony, you are truly genius at what you do.

jedi

ah man cheers. it was so cool to meet you again and to coach you both. overall an awesome day! 🙂

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Onzadog +1

jedi

yep, i never ever say 1 esp when coaching 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘UK Bike Skills’ is closed to new replies.