Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • UK Bike park up for sale
  • chris36860
    Free Member

Just tried to book a uplift day and seen its up for sale. I’ve been a few times and really enjoyed it. Really hope somebody buys it or it is going to be flattened! It’s on at a very reasonable price too. If the advertising was
    done correct, I think it could be a really good venture!!! If only I was closer!!!

DT78
    Free Member

Really any links?

chris36860
    Free Member

http://www.ukbikepark.com

Not sure how to link but try this

KonaTC

Sadly seems to be true. http://www.ukbikepark.com/

UKBP For Sale

Ukbikepark for sale! Closed until further notice.

Not been any easy decision but after a lot of thinking over the holiday period I’ve finally decided to sell the park. I’ve been cranking out the park for the last 10 years and need a change.

There are 3 possible outcomes –

1. Sell the park to a private individual – things will carry on a normal
    2. Sell it to club
    3. Sell everything off, flatten the trails, remove the car park and cabin etc.

What I’m selling is company the Ukbikepark Ltd, included within that is primarily the planning permission to use the site as a cycling venue with permission for the trails, cabin, car park, toilets, access track within the 22 hectares site – only Ukbikepark has been granted the planning permission. The land owners the Forestry Commission are offering a commercial lease for 8 years + to run the site. For the right to use the land with the uplift track, trails, start ramp, bridge, cabin, carpark I’m asking £20K. Other assets such as kitchen equipment, bike trailers, timing gear, toilets etc would be available to purchase on top of the base price. The max deadline is the end of March to have it all handed over and finalised. The FC are very keen to see the park continue and I will work towards making this happen. The park has great potential as really just needs finishing off – please only serious enquires only as this a massive undertaking a lifestyle choice with many responsibilities!

Email paul.h@ukbikepark.com

A big thanks to all you guys who have helped and supported the park over the years, it’s been great – lets hope it continues. Hopefully I’ll be able to ride the park in the summer as a punter for a change!

danrandon
    Free Member
    tacopowell
    Free Member
    chris36860
    Free Member

My feeling are that with a little TLC and some advertising – it could be a great little business. You’re never going to make millions, but it could be a good income in with a great lifestyle. Owning something like that isn’t really about the money tho is it!

There has been a lot of interest apparently. Meetings happening this week so maybe a positive announcement soon,

chipsngravy
    Free Member

It’s not over for UKBP. Several parties have shown an interest in buying/leasing it.

Follow the UKBP page for updates: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ukbikepark/111010268977359

tomhoward

If it were int ‘north, I’d have bitten their arms off!

Hey ho!

shermer75
    Free Member

Where is it? My virus software is blocking any access to the website

shermer75
    Free Member
    andyrm
    Free Member

I saw the pre-sale documentation (was helping a mate look at feasibility of the project and monetising it properly) and quite a few questions to be asked – to be viable and make proper money it would need a lot more investment than just the initial £20k seed capital (no services on site, generators not included, vehicles not included and uplift road likely to need surfacing), so if anyone’s going to make a proper go of it long term and make it profitable, we reckoned on around £120k initial investment.

Good luck to whoever goes with it!

🙂

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

And when your investment has paid off, and you have a viable, sustainable business and customer base, the FC will put the lease out to tender and you’ll be…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘UK Bike park up for sale’ is closed to new replies.