Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • UK Bike Park Opening Day. Bit of a let down
  • chipsngravy
    Free Member

UK bike park opened today, and honestly they shouldn’t have bothered.To quote them “very limited opening” should be have been emphasised a little more than it was to “extremely limited opening”.When signing on i was told only half the hill was open, when really it was less than20% of the hill. Rides were no longer than 15 -20 seconds.

If it were me, I would have delayed the opening until there was something presentable to ride. I know UKBP is “free” but the cost of getting there isn’t. I’m lucky to live within 30 mins, but I feel very sorry for anyone that made a journey to get there today.

Is there some beef between to locals and UKBP? When leaving a lady driving a horse lorry blocked my exit and gave me toffee nosed rollocking about not closing the entrance gate behind me. I politely told her I wan’t aware that the main gate needed closing. If ‘her’ gate needed closing she should talk with the people at UKBP and sort it out with them. If there is beef between the local gentry and UKBP, then UKBP need to improve local relations. I’d be very concerned the locals are so peed off on the day of opening.

Come on UKBP let’s get the job done and roll on a gravity assisted summer.

djglover
    Free Member

It re-opened didn’t it. I used to go a bit a few years ago and it was the best freeride / dh riding in the South. No idea what happened to the place but if its as bad as you make out then perhaps they are still working on it?

M1llh0use
    Free Member

they’ve had a big facelift of a load of the trails/uplift route according to the website…

project
    Free Member

I wonder how much volunteering you did, moving soil etc, errecting fences and general dogs bodying .

ITS SO SAD WHEN PEOPLE TRY TO DO SOMETHING FOR OTHERS AND A FEW OF THE SO CALLED OTHERS JUST SLAG THEM OFF.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

There’s no slagging off project. Maybe with the riding so limited the re-opening should have been delayed. Saving people the journey for a 20 second run.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘UK Bike Park Opening Day. Bit of a let down’ is closed to new replies.