Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Uhhh ohhhh, it's cracked!!!!!!
  • TooTall
    Free Member

You people have all spent too much time on here.

High praise indeed from the Dark Lord of STW.

DezB
    Free Member

TINAS has become a ThumbThumb 😆

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAXtO5dMqEI[/video]

Jamie
    Free Member

You people have all spent too much time on here.

I don’t know what you mean…

LoCo
    Free Member

FFS Jamie, that’s another bloody keyboard you owe me 👿

sharkbait
    Free Member

Look on the bright side – until it’s fixed you can scratch that tricky bit right in the middle of your back 🙂

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

scar is from 2 previous brakes.

1st missjudged a jump and snapped it mid shaft, plated.

2nd, sliped on some gravel on the xc bike and the bone snaped round the end of the plate, plated again.

3rd, near stationary, hit a patch of diesel at a give way line! There’s a pattern, the accidents are getting more inoquious! Its been 4 months but obviously not enough as it broke in the same place and bent the plate!

Do you tense up an put your hands out in a crash? I put hairline fractures all the way up the length of my forearm when I moved from V brakes to Hope C2’s and was in such agonizing pain that the dozen of so crashes I’ve had after I just go floppy and at most use my elbows to cushion blows in a way that my arms give way before they break.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/pippa-mann-the-big-thing-in-a-crash-is-to-relax-6284929.html

“The big thing when you’re involved in a crash, as hard as it is, is to persuade your body to relax. If you tense up, you are going to break something. As I took off, I took my hands off the wheel so that I didn’t break my wrists from the wheel hitting anything. I just sat there and tried to relax.

and

http://better-biking.com/?p=536

When you hit the ground –

Keep your arms and legs pulled into your body and keep your chin tucked into your chest. Resist the urge to uncurl your body upon impact.

Roll. Rolling is always better than splatting. Rolling disburses impact energy, splatting absorbs impact energy. Disburse = good; absorb = bad. Upon impact, keep your arms and legs pulled into your body and you will roll. Letting your arms and legs flap and flail guarantees that you will splat.

Keep your eyes closed. If your sunglasses come off while you are airborne or if the force of your body hitting the ground sends your shades flying, it will be especially important to keep your eyes closed. Sharp objects and debris are the enemies of our eyesight.

Keep yourself curled into a ball until you stop rolling. When you come to a stop, begin breathing again.

Get well soon!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Is that arm still under warranty?

DezB
    Free Member

@Tom_W1987 – didn’t see my post on pg1 then? 😉

Edric64
    Free Member

That needs a fancy titanium upgrade sorting in a dockyard where they use proper gauge metal plates and rivets.

They could give you a quick repair in Portsmouth as they will be short of work in the docks soon

wwaswas

Well, the usual spoon based repair is going to be a non starter given the op’s username.

Ladle maybe?

stucol
    Free Member

The Docs must love you Thisisnotaspoon.

None of that boring simple fracture rubbish.

Something to get their teeth into !

mikemorini
    Free Member

“1st missjudged a jump and snapped it mid shaft, plated.

2nd, sliped on some gravel on the xc bike and the bone snaped round the end of the plate, plated again.

3rd, near stationary, hit a patch of diesel at a give way line! There’s a pattern, the accidents are getting more inoquious!”

Next time it’ll just be a hard stare!

mattbibbings
    Free Member

Snap!
    [/url] right1 by mattbibbings, on Flickr[/img]

[/url] Photo0028 by mattbibbings, on Flickr[/img]

Northwind

Jesus christ Mattbibbings, that looks like you let Orange weld it up

somafunk

Jeez – tinas…….you are one unlucky mutha f……, hope you get that sorted and plated accordingly so it doesn’t happen again – very best o’ luck wi it.

On a different note …….Can we cast a vote for stw forum poster of the year? , i vote for Jamie and his photoshopping skills….every time i see him contributing to a thread i know i’m in for a genuine giggle.

CountZero

It was all going fine with the sympathy, n’all, until I got to Jamie’s posts, at which point I dissolved into helpless hysterics.
    Sorry. 😉

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Nahhh dez sorry, nothing personal 😛 Promise

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Uhhh ohhhh, it's cracked!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.