Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • uh-oh…its another lights question
  • headfirst
    Free Member

I've been lurking on a few light threads as of late and hear murmurings of DX P7's being the mutt's nuts and dead cheap, but then that the main dealer dealextreme is a bit hit and miss, and then other techy guys saying there's no regulation (which I think means the light fades as the battery fades??)

So I'm considering a Hope 1 LED instead from wiggle for £72, which seems to kick the exposure joysticks in to touch for value for money and should be 'more reliable' than a P7??? Then again the P7s knock out 900 lumen (supposedly) versus 240 lumen for the Hope1… Also I'm not exactly sure which P7 is 'the one'…

I know this is a silly thing to say on STW, but I'm confused, please help me. 🙁

PS. I've already got a Fenix L2D which will become my helmet torch.

elaineanne
    Free Member

helmet light ? (Hope 2 )…. very expensive,,but good….my son has one(im jelous)…

grumm
    Free Member

The Hope 1 is no better than the Fenix L2D really – not worth it imo. I've only used it a few times but I'm very happy with the DX bike light. Nothing wrong with dealextreme other than slow delivery.

There's somewhere called Geoman that might ship them a bit faster from the states for a bit more cash.

headfirst
    Free Member

No I'm looking for a new bar-mounted light, don't want to spend more than a hundred notes.

headfirst
    Free Member

so grumm which dx light have you got?

grumm
    Free Member

This one – http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25149

took about 3 weeks to arrive.

headfirst
    Free Member

Thats very helpful grumm cheers, about to make a purchase! 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

i have got that too – ace

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘uh-oh…its another lights question’ is closed to new replies.