Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Uh oh… Just gone all Incredible Hulk at my Inlaws.
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

Absolutely lost it. Went into a complete rage at them. Essentially 15 years of pent up frustration with them all came out in one go. I’m embarrassed that I lost it so badly but I don’t feel bad, in fact glad that I finally told them what I thought and how awful they have made our lives. I think having our first baby has made me feel quite protective as I don’t want them to do to him what they have done to me.

It ended with slammed doors and storming away. Not sure what the fall-out from this will be. My wife is obviously upset but very much in support of me. She just hasn’t had the confidence to ever give them a piece of her mind so I’ve done it for her.

I think my final words as I left were “I despise you both. I’ve always despised you both. You are evil personified!”

Flounced off…

wrecker
    Free Member

I think my final words as I left were “I despise you both. I’ve always despised you both. You are evil personified!”

Disappointing lack of profanity. 6/10.

spchantler
    Free Member

more. and pics.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

You got your tea first though, eh?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, he’s certainly not getting any pudding.

ThePinkster

If it’s been that long and your life has been made that miserable by it all (Christ knows what they’ve been doing though) it’s probably best that you’ve finally got it off you chest so you can get on with the rest of your life afresh.

It’s hard to make any real judgements on your actions though as I’m guessing that none of us here know what problems you’ve faced.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Should have gone with (nsfw)
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXRuoSHI6eQ[/video]
    Also NO PUDDING!!!

tomhoward

If he did, he’s not getting pudding.

Ffs,beaten to it

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

what happens now?

toppers3933
    Free Member

Who cares what happens now, I can’t be the only person who absolutely needs to know what’s gone on before, now can I?

toby1

Not exactly a statement you can come back from that, still if it was warranted, I’m sure you’ll feel all the better for getting it out there!

perchypanther
    Free Member

PUNY INLAWS!

jam-bo

Did it put them off their fish and chips?

toppers3933
    Free Member

And having previously told my mother in law that she was one of the shitest mothers I’d ever met, I can confirm that you’ve absolutely got your work cut out pulling that one back.

fin25
    Free Member

Fair play to you. My inlaws have been a nightmare from day one, they continually make my wife’s life hell. I have held my tongue this long, but I imagine having children will also force a change of approach…

allthepies
    Free Member

Wouldn’t they let you use the TV remote control ?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Well, it’s been more about the treatment of my wife than anything. She is the youngest of three and they show no interest in he at all – didn’t even come to our wedding because mum ‘had a cold!’

They have this really spiteful passive aggressive approach with us. Constantly pecking away and trying to casually point out our failings and out short falls. Combine that with the fact they are a pair of upper middle class snobs with a disdain for the poor, other nationalities – People who are not white British in fact, single mums and immigrants, they are a pretty poisonous couple of people.

When our son was born they quickly pointed out to me that though he’s lovely ‘ first grandchildren are are always the most special’ in relation to the fact my wife’s sister had two boys just 3 years previously.

I hate them.

nickc

There’s really no going back from that is there?

I feel sorry for you if it’s been 15 years of hell. i think you’ve probably burned your bridges though. What will your wife do now that it’s revealed that her husband despises her parents?

marcus7
    Free Member

Makes me glad i get on with mine even if they are a bit bonkers…

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Had something similar in my life about 18mths ago.

My mum & dad, although not evil like your inlaws sound, made a conceous decision to treat me differently to my two brothers, and now my kids differently to their cousins. Basically, as I have managed to keep a stable family life without divorce or debt I am deemed to be not as requiring of their attention as my two brothers and their kids.

After 38yrs of it I flipped when I found they had made the 250mls each way trip to the town I lived in, looked after my brothers kids for a week and buggered off home without even calling us to let us know they were in the area.

I cut them off. Told them it wasn’t normal and I wanted nothing more to do with them. I am used to disappointment but my kids wont be dragged into it. Anyhowm we see them at family doos and are civil but I haven’t spoken to either my mum or dad in any other capacity since.

I have made it clear through brothers that if they wish to see their grankids it would be encouraged but I am not interested in having any relationship with them.

The last 18mths have been the best I have felt about my mother and father in 38yrs. Gone are the ‘I wish’ and ‘if only’. Now I know where I stand and its so much calmer.

My advice would be to forget about it. If they are so evil, trust me they will not change and will probably be talking about your unreasonable behaviour to justify their spite. Get on with things and if they want to make amends let them, otherwise move on

ajantom

Evil personified is a bit harsh though – they’re ****, not Pol Pot.
    TBH you sound as if you’re better off without them in your life.

scandal42
    Free Member

They sound delightful, nothing lost here my man.

racefaceec90

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdsFuDurep8[/video] 🙂

sorry,couldn’t help myself 😳

tenfoot

I hate them.

From what you say up there ^, that seems pretty reasonable to me. I’d feel the same.

Perhaps they will go away and have a think on it.

wwaswas

Perhaps send them a card?

rone

This won’t help, but it’s always worth remembering people are product of their experiences. I’m always in disagreement with my family – they don’t see things like I do but I have to reconcile this with my first point. However it doesn’t stop them winding me up!

You have a choice; bite your lip and know you’re the smarter person or walk-away. Sounds like you’ve made your choice.

thegreatape
    Free Member

When our son was born they quickly pointed out to me that though he’s lovely ‘ first grandchildren are are always the most special’ in relation to the fact my wife’s sister had two boys just 3 years previously.

Pair of bastards. Looks like they’ve now seen the consequences of their behaviour. Good for you I reckon.

DezB
    Free Member

When our son was born they quickly pointed out to me that though he’s lovely ‘ first grandchildren are are always the most special’

Wow. I HATE THEM TOO. Bastards.

rocketman
    Free Member

You are evil personified!

wohhhhhhhhhhhh

go you 🙂

project
    Free Member

O/P best thing youve ever done, youve cleared your system of all that pent up annoyance for them,

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I do feel better for it but I just regret it came to this. In hind sight I should have just retaliated to the comments and things they has said at the time they said them but I’ve always just bit my lip. Plus i’m not very good at the snidey passive aggressive approach.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Trust me, thegreatape said they will have seen the censequences of their behaviour. No they wont!!! They will be using this as further justification to all the spite they have directed at you for years.

Move on and you will find out how much they want to be in your lives. My parents haven’t made a single effort and they don’t sound half as bad as your inlaws

perchypanther
    Free Member

Flounced off…

Hulk never flounces. Ever.

But good on you. Your priorities begin and end with your immediate family i.e wife and kids. Do what’s best for them.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It only came to this because you’ve risen above it for 15 years.

Trust me, thegreatape said they will have seen the censequences of their behaviour. No they wont!!! They will be using this as further justification to all the spite they have directed at you for years.

I meant ‘seen it’ in the literal sense, rather than had some sort of awakening 🙂

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Also, I should point out that they aren’t some ancient frail old couple in case any one thinks i’ve laid into a couple of poor old dears. They are only 60 and 62 and fully aware of just how cruel they have been.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Blimey….makes me feel very lucky to have such great in-laws! 😯

DezB
    Free Member

Still, you know what Oscar Wilde said, eh?

toppers3933
    Free Member

I can just imagine what they’re saying now. This is all your fault. They’ve tried numerous times with you and they always knew that you didn’t want to part of their family. Etc etc blah blah. They’ve no intention of running to you cap in hand.

They sound horrible.

I’m sure you know this but now it’s time to really support your wife and talk it all through because she will probably find it hard going for the foreseeable future. It’s an awful position to be in but as someone said up there at least you know now where you stand. No more hoping and waiting. I have very little to do with my MIL. We all get on a lot better than we used to but my wife hasn’t spoken to her stupid sister for almost 3 years.

Speshpaul

Arr F**kem and get on with your life(s)

Klunk
    Free Member

life’s too short to carry other peoples baggage.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Uh oh… Just gone all Incredible Hulk at my Inlaws.’ is closed to new replies.