Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • UFO WTF!?
  • mlbaker
    Free Member

So this evening I was popping out and looked up to the sky as you do when its clear and the stars/moon are out.

I notice a ‘satellite’ and watch it as it tracks across the sky until it bloody moves off course, moving around whilst still maintaining a general east-west course.

I shout the Mrs who also sees it until it goes out of view.

Shortly after I spot a ‘normal’ satellite, moving south-north on its steady and straight path.

Naturally very cynical I cannot fathom what it could have been:

Looked too high for an aeroplane (hence why I thought satellite as soon as I saw it). It also didn’t have strobe lights nor make any noise. And I’ve never seen a plane (fixed or rotary wing) move in such a fashion.

It also wasn’t a RC drone/plane as again it was too high with no noise and the movements were too steady.

A glowing bird? Weather balloon? UFO!!?

And I’m not drunk nor on any medication!!

Anyone else seen something similar?

bikebouy
    Free Member

mlbaker
    Free Member

Maybe it bloody was!?

funkmasterp

perchypanther
    Free Member

Dizziness?

Nausea?

Anal Tenderness?

mlbaker
    Free Member

Nothing anally related and certainly no dizziness etc.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Is this your Bank PIN ??

beefheart
    Free Member

GrahamS

What you saw was swamp gas from a weather balloon trapped in a thermal pocket reflecting the light from Venus.

Trimix
    Free Member

Funny how now the whole world is armed with camera phones, no one has got a picture of a UFO. (or Nessie / Bigfoot etc)

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry too much. I’ve spoken with a couple of aviation types who have seen odd things, but would only admit it after changing career…

Both ex-RAF and very sane and down to Earth. It seems that Unexplained Aerial Phenomena is a thing that many acknowledge, shrug their shoulders, mutter and forget about.

These days it’s easier to say it must have been a drone rather than worry about little green men and rectal probes.

But before anyone else does…

Blurry photo or it didn’t happen 🙂

EDIT – beaten to it by Trimix

matt_outandabout

Pissed up Eurofighter pilot on way home from a couple of jars in the local?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Drac

I wouldn’t worry too much. I’ve spoken with a couple of aviation types who have seen odd things, but would only admit it after changing career…

Odd just means they had no idea what it was.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Aircraft do sometimes change course. Even high-flying ones.

bikebouy
    Free Member

mlbaker
    Free Member

A phone/camera would have been useless at filming something so faint. And it definitely wasn’t a helicopter or fighter jet.

I thought maybe Chinese lantern but it didn’t move like something going with the wind.

Prior to this evening I would have read something like my op and thought nothing of it but now I can’t stop thinking about it.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

That gif posted by bikebouy is especially interesting as all of the smaller debris/objects in the frame appear to change direction in some way at exactly the same moment as the faster/larger object.

Almost as if the camera had moved…or some mechanical/optical shift.

bikebouy
    Free Member

That’s from the Shuttle back in the late 90’s IIRC.

bikebouy
    Free Member

bikebouy
    Free Member

butcher

That gif posted by bikebouy is especially interesting…

Many years ago I actually saw something very similar to that. Like a satellite slowly tracking across the sky…then an instant change of course and immediate acceleration.

The only thing I could think to logically explain it was ball lightening.

jam-bo

You’d think with the advent of near ubiquitous high quality audio and video recording devices in everyone’s pocket the recordings of UFO’s should be flooding in.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Many years ago I actually saw something very similar to that.

I also. It followed a plane into a cloud, then:

an instant change of course and immediate acceleration

T’was interesting.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

Pah! thats nothing, I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

CraigW
    Free Member

It also wasn’t a RC drone/plane as again it was too high with no noise and the movements were too steady.

Quadcopters can fly pretty high up, easily a few hundred metres anyway. You wouldn’t hear much if its that high. Its not too hard to fly in a straight line, especially if its using GPS.

tewit
    Free Member

You’d think with the advent of near ubiquitous high quality audio and video recording devices in everyone’s pocket the recordings of UFO’s should be flooding in.

Trouble is most people are looking down at that thing in their hand. 🙂

hammyuk
    Free Member

Liar – it was Uranus on fire after being attacked because of all the glitter…..

stavromuller
    Free Member

It’s all very well saying everyone’s got a HQ camera on their phone but the trouble is that most people are looking at said phone instead of the sky. FTFY.
    Ps. I’ve seen a UFO back in the ’70s

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

An old mate of mine who’s now almost 70 still can’t explain what he saw late one night in the early 80’s heading out to sea near Shotton, CoDurham.

He’s very sane & knowledgeable. It was very very fast, very very bright & silent.

giantalkali
    Free Member

The comments of someone named Stavromuller on a UFO thread ought to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I’m skeptical of all claims. Even those of a contemporary camera-phone taking half-decent night-footage

slimjim78
    Free Member

I’m feeling you Jonah – think that UFO flew over most people’s heads.

Question: Is it possible to make your persona more vulnerable to alien abduction, and is a rectal probing guaranteed?

RobHilton
    Free Member

giantalkali – Member
    The comments of someone named Stavromuller on a UFO thread ought to be taken with a pinch of salt

For why?? Anyone with alkali in their “name” should be worshipped as the second coming.

Because I said so.

DavidB
    Free Member

I believes you Op because I am hearing “the hum” in Swindon every night after 11pm

Sonor
    Free Member

No rectal probing here, just after your organs…

shermer75
    Free Member

The ’70s definitely had the best UFOs 🙂

busydog
    Free Member

About 25 years ago, I was camping in the mountains of New Mexico and saw something quite like the OP. Saw a moving light (very high–the object, not me) and traveling straight across the sky like satellites do, when it made an abrupt 45 degree turn, rapidly increased in speed and disappeared. Does make you think.

molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone who has tried to take a picture of a bird even a modest distance away will know how poor the results are with a phone. It wouldn’t be much use for a tiny speck in orbit would it?

Re the changing direction thing. Seems to be a common observation. Either UFO pilots don’t know where they are going, they are easily scared, or it’s some kind of regular natural phenomenon…

Drac

Wasn’t that one just debris from a launch. Your other one is of such crap quality and focus that there is no perspective of where, when or what is even supposed to be.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘UFO WTF!?’ is closed to new replies.