Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • UFC Fans….anyone see UFC 168 last night? [Spoilers & graphic content]
  • pondo

Matt Hughes won a fight whilst unconscious, IIRC? 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Is it this one (2m 29s)? they don’t show all the fight
    [video]http://youtu.be/gp_dwVnfZDE?t=2m29s[/video]

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Incidentally, though I’m less of a fan now, I wouldn’t be interested in seeing it banned.
    I get that they are consenting adults, highly trained and medically supervised. Thats all fine. I just don’t like seeing additional punishment meted out to defenceless people.

Anyway, here’s one of my favourite highlight videos. The soundtrack is…interesting, but somehow works.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUIl-nEu8iw[/video]

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DezB
    Free Member

Thats all fine. I just don’t like seeing additional punishment meted out to defenceless people.

But.. but… you’re not allowed to say that!

Hmm, strange that’s the only video and not one of a KO’ed fighter getting up and winning.

andyrm
    Free Member

I’ve got total admiration for these guys as athletes. Went on an MMA fitness bootcamp last year with a mate – it was near the end of the enduro season so I was good and fit, but those guys were on a whole different level. Huge amounts of fitness, strength, agility but also discipline.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I know the injuries are no worse than what other athletes suffer in other sports but for some reason I’m completely repulsed by UFC, Boxing and the like….

IanMunro
    Free Member

Not my cup of tea, but I wouldn’t want it banned.
    It says something about society that we’re quite happy to have men consensually battering each other on telly, but not making love to each other.
    No idea what it says about society though, but it’s always interesting what’s considered acceptable at any given time.

DezB
    Free Member

Not sure where the “banned” stuff comes from. I just said I didn’t like it, not that I wanted it banned.
    However, as the thread title is “UFC Fans..” I shoulda stayed away. Naughty boy.

mudshark
    Free Member

It says something about society that we’re quite happy to have men consensually battering each other on telly, but not making love to each other.

Not society! Some people have all sorts of different opinions – I imagine most think MMA is bad.

Anyway, as an ex-martial artist I can see the appeal in testing yourself in this way.

Never been gay so don’t see the appeal in getting intimate with a bloke but each to their own….

Oh, didn’t Sacha Baron Cohen manage to combine these two in rather amusing film scene?!

Jamie
    Free Member

Never been gay so don’t see the appeal in getting intimate with a bloke but each to their own….

Wait…what?

DezB
    Free Member

Not society!

eh?

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

It’s sad that 20 years on we’re still hearing the same old stuff from naive people who havent bothered to educate themselves a jot before wading into the debate crying human cockfight. Next thing ypu know you’re explaing what a knockout is to them 🙄

jaymoid

It’s a shame this thread had about 3% UFC 168 content, and 97% discussion about whether people like UFC/MMA, and if it should be banned or not.

I’ve not watched it all but am looking forward to it tonight, I couldn’t avoid the Silva spoilers though, they were everywhere.

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

It’s sad that 20 years on we’re still hearing the same old stuff from naive people who havent bothered to educate themselves a jot before wading into the debate crying human cockfight. Next thing ypu know you’re explaing what a knockout is to them

Whats naive about not liking to watch defenceless people being battered?

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Nobody does like that, i don’t know why you keep singing that song?

mudshark
    Free Member

I knew someone who liked watching F1 crashes, does that make F1 bad?

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

It was very similar to the first fight imo jamie, anderson was just starting to let em fly. I still think he could beat weidman, yeah he gets roughed up early but we’ve seen how resilient and crafty he can be in the fist sonnen fight. Doubt he’ll be back though, he was hoping to represent brazil in the olympics in taekwondo.

Pigface
    Free Member

Henderson pounding on Bisping when Bisping is out like a light and lying spread eagled on the canvas is pretty bad and was the act that turned me off MMA. If that is me being naive then I can live with that.

lazybike
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ3OkWBr0lI[/video] One for the Silva fans…

Jamie
    Free Member

This was probably the moment I considered stopping watch…

Barbaric.

DezB
    Free Member

Ref still didn’t stop it 😉

BoardinBob

[Quote]
    Also IMO 90% of the guys look like total nut jobs.

[/quote]

Current UFC champions

Cain Velasquez – Graduate of Arizona State University
    Jon Jones – Was studying Criminal Justice at college but left to focus on MMA
    Chris Weidman – Psychology degree from Hofstra University
    Anthony Pettis – Attended a private catholic school and is a fireman
    Jose Aldo – College graduate
    Dominick Cruz – Was training as a fireman before fighting full time
    Demetrious Johnson – Left college to fight full time
    Ronda Rousey – Olympic bronze medallist. Full time athlete since she left school

Yep, all total nut jobs. 🙄

Looking round my gym, off the top of my head we’ve got

4 engineers
    2 police
    1 director of photography
    1 senior HR person for the BBC
    1 web developer
    1 professional musician
    1 lawyer
    2 firemen
    Etc

And we spend all week punching each other in the face, yet theres not a single “nut job” amongst us

Pigface
    Free Member

Jamie it hat the fight where the black guy gets up and wins it?

Bob so a policeman or an engineer can’t look like a nut job? 🙄 a university graduate can’t look like a nut job? 🙄

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie it hat the fight where the black guy gets up and wins it?

Yup. Comes back from the dead and scores a ZKO.*

*Zombie Knock Out.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Wasn’t rich franklin a maths professor too?

Nutters.

BoardinBob

Bob so a policeman or an engineer can’t look like a nut job? a university graduate can’t look like a nut job?

Out of curiosity, what does a nut job look like?

mudshark
    Free Member

Will UFC evolve into MK?

NSFW

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZYnBxdThvU[/video]

Pigface
    Free Member

Bob you seem keen telling me what nut jobs don’t look like so I guess you must already know what one looks like. It’s all personal opinion anyway.

Jamie
    Free Member

Will UFC evolve into MK?

No.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

You have to admit it pigface, it was a pretty silly comment. You should probably just learn from it and move on 😉

IanMunro
    Free Member

Something like this I imagine.

Pigface
    Free Member

I will take it on advice pumpa, as I said it is just opinion x

patriotpro
    Free Member

The other main-event was a top fight appart from the lack of sports-womanship when she refused to shake hands at to end.

In the Weidman vs Silva 1, the ref was spot-on IMO. If it were me reffing, I’d have let it carry on as I don’t like Silva’s attitude in the ring.

Silva never looked as if he was up for the rematch to me but no one on god’s earth could have predicted that ending – I predicted a Weidman victory in the 3rd fwiw.

Jamie
    Free Member

…from the lack of sports-womanship when she refused to shake hands at to end.

I kind of like that panto-villan type skullduggery.

…but then I am a fan of the Diaz brothers.

Pigface
    Free Member

I want to live next to this cutey pie 😉 he may be be the nicest guy in the world but in my opinion he Looks like a bit of a nutter

BoardinBob

IanMunro – Member
    Something like this I imagine

I’m assuming they also look like this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-14314838

Pigface
    Free Member

Yes Bob they could do.

deserter
    Free Member

I couldn’t even look at the screen when watching it, not seen something as bad as when Gonzaga knocked out Cro Cop and his knee disintegrated

I used to really like it because of all the characters but now they are turning into GSP clones I’ve not watched many events

even as a fan I hate to see the extra hits etc, as big as it has got I still think a couple of bad injuries might force a change in the setup

BoardinBob

I want to live next to this cutey pie he mayb be the nicest guy in the world but in my opinion he Looks like a bit of a nutter

Nothing like a bit of stereotyping, eh. Is it the shaved head, the tattoos or both? Are Patrick Stewart and David Beckham “nut jobs”?

wrecker
    Free Member

I don’t like soccer so I don’t watch it. I look at the TV guide and if it says football or soccer, I don’t press the OK button. Piece of piss.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘UFC Fans….anyone see UFC 168 last night? [Spoilers & graphic content]’ is closed to new replies.