Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • UFC 196: McGregor Vs. Dos Anjos
  • bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Well….ain’t this some bullshit 🙁

It appears that momentum towards a rematch between Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor at UFC 200 is quickly building.

The latest report on the possibility of the fight is that it’s simply a matter of contracts being finalized.

“It’s not happening at a more natural 155 pounds. It’s happening at 170 pounds. The contracts are already out there and that’s what they want,” Ariel Helwani recently said on The MMA Hour, not revealing specific sources.

MMA Weekly

jimjam
    Free Member

bongohoohaa
    Well….ain’t this some bullshit

Rumours have been circulating since St. Patricks day. Obviously there’s sufficient hype and interest around it to make it viable.

Personally I can’t complain, the first fight was excellent. No reasons to assume the second will be anything other than awesome.

McGregor has every right to assume that if he works on his cardio, as opposed to binging on coke and hookers and actually fights tactically he can win. And get another massive pay day.

Nate obviously feels that with more preparation he can beat McGregor more convincingly …..and get a massive pay day. everyone wins.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Does Conor have a right to a rematch, tho? In strict sporting terms I feel no. Conor should defend his 145 belt to either Aldo or Edgar, then start moving back up to fight Nate at 155. This move is not fair to several other fighters just so UFC can go for the big money PPV while Conor’s stock is still high.

Of course I will watch it, and will bet on Nate again….although, I have a sneaky suspicion Conor has learned his lesson and will be aiming to throw bombs and not go to the ground.

I wonder if Nate loses the second fight, whether he’ll be offered a rematch? 😉

jimjam
    Free Member

bongohoohaa

Does Conor have a right to a rematch, tho? In strict sporting terms I feel no. Conor should defend his 145 belt to either Aldo or Edgar, then start moving back up to fight Nate at 155. This move is not fair to several other fighters just so UFC can go for the big money PPV while Conor’s stock is still high.

At the end of the day it’s entertainment. A good fight is better than a dull championship fight. Aldo has zero right to a rematch, he needs to beat a top 5 contender and show that a) he will actually show up and b) he still wants it.

Edgar can beat McGregor, but in an incredibly dull fashion that will damage Edgar, McGregor and the UFC. The only person who wants that is Frankie obviously.

Of course I will watch it, and will bet on Nate again….although, I have a sneaky suspicion Conor has learned his lesson and will be aiming to throw bombs and not go to the ground.

All he did was throw bombs 🙂 and McGregor’s ground game is no joke. No one mentions the x guard sweep he landed in the first round because it was so well executed it happened in a blink. Case in point in he went to the ground with Nate in round one and won the exchange but gets zero credit because the casual fan just about understands a choke and an armbar. He’s not at Nate’s level but few MMA fighters are.

It was bizarre after the last fight having conversations with my brother in law about it, someone who has literally never watched an mma fight, but was deriding McGregor for tapping. Or my mother in law lecturing me about how vicious the sport is, meanwhile her 12 year old grandson is starving himself to stay on weight so he box for the Irish Champs 🙄

aphex_2k
    Free Member

196 was against Diaz

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

All he did was throw bombs and McGregor’s ground game is no joke. No one mentions the x guard sweep he landed in the first round because it was so well executed it happened in a blink. Case in point in he went to the ground with Nate in round one and won the exchange but gets zero credit because the casual fan just about understands a choke and an armbar. He’s not at Nate’s level but few MMA fighters are.

As in, throw bombs accurately. Being more thoughtful in exchanges before trying to wheel kick a motherf**ker.

I am not denigrating Conor’s ground game, but he did lose due to an ill-advised takedown attempt, and then being controlled by Nate’s superior BJJ via leg traps etc from that point. For me, the way Nate controlled him is more interesting to watch than the final choke.

What I am saying is Nate > Conor on the ground, and IMHO if Conor is going to win the next fight it will be from strikes…..maybe even summon the Barboza and make contact with a wheelkick…

Feel free to bookmark this post to tell me how wrong I was in July 😉

jimjam
    Free Member

I’m can’t be 100% of course but I think McGregor was using his kicks to control distance and enter into a punching range as opposed to genuinely aiming for a headkick ko. One of them maybe. He’s got good kicks, especially to the body, and his oblique kicks were good too. I think if he has a chance it’ll be inside leg kicks, oblique kicks and throwing more combinations with his hands…if he can get in range without getting lit up.

I am not denigrating Conor’s ground game, but he did lose due to an ill-advised takedown attempt,

The fight was already over by that stage. Practically out on his feet, no one was home. Knocked out or choked out, take your pick.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

RIP Leslie Smith.

198 is looking stacked….

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘UFC 196: McGregor Vs. Dos Anjos’ is closed to new replies.