Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • UCI World Cup @Cairns xc
  • Clink

It’s great to see Neil Stewart and Taylor Vernon doing well in the junior men, but nobody from GBR men/women in under 23 or elite.

What’s going on? Are we that crap?

http://www.uci.ch/templates/BUILTIN-NOFRAMES/Template1/layout.asp?MenuId=MTY2MDI&LangId=1%5DResults

JCL
    Free Member

Shame isn’t it? Too much emphasis by BC on road?

XC racing at the top level is utterly brutal so I can sort of understand the low uptake.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Grant Ferguson made it to the podium in the first round of the world cup so he is clearly good enough to mix it at that level

Probably decision made not to go to Cairns as it would mean alot of travelling and potentially interfere with build up to other events

Clink

Ah – didn’t realise about Grant – but just found his blog 🙂

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Dress for a road ride, clip in, ride crazy shit with 100mm travel.

Repeat.

One of my favourite trails is the Ft Bill XC. But only down it. Imagine cycling UP it. Que?

anysize
    Free Member

First and second in the men’s and women’s downhill, but nowhere in XC. Says something, although I’m not sure what. Mind you, look as the amount of discussion there is of downhill on here compared with XC.

I’m guessing the opposite is true in other parts of the world. Usually the most important race is held last, which would suggest that somebody thinks XC is more important than DH.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘UCI World Cup @Cairns xc’ is closed to new replies.