Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 255 total)
  • UCI Downhill Mountain Bike World Championships on the BBC [contains spoilers p4]
  • beiciwr64
    Free Member
    tomhoward

Red button or online? I’ll stick to redbull thanks

km79
    Free Member

I wonder if it will be the full red bull stream they show or will they have their own presenter there?

nickjb
    Free Member

Red button or online?

Here you go, to save clicking on the link 8)

Watch live coverage on BBC Red Button, Connected TVs, online & BBC Sport app
    Highlights on BBC Red Button and catch up on BBC iPlayer

beiciwr64
    Free Member

I wonder if it will be the full red bull stream they show or will they have their own presenter there?

Can’t find any schedule to watch on Red Bull TV ?

chakaping
    Free Member

More importantly, do I set the alarm for silly o’clock or wake up as normal and watch the replay with brekkies?

km79
    Free Member

Can’t find any schedule to watch on Red Bull TV ?

Hmm, me neither, where is it usually shown? Pretty sure I’ve watched it on redbull previous years.

cookeaa

Different broadcast rights for the world champs innit, Think I’d still rather watch on RB, needs Warner commentary and Auntie beeb wouldn’t approve of him I suspect…

antares
    Free Member

Yeah I’ll miss Warner commentating but not Claudio

chakaping
    Free Member

Wow it seems it’s not on Red Bull TV then.

Warner commentating on the BBC is probably wishful thinking. Though maybe if they replaced Claudio with Claire Balding…

kimbers

Oh man, the commentary is going to suck isnt it !

chakaping
    Free Member

They might tempt Phil Liggett out of retirement if we’re lucky.

markshires
    Free Member

It was definitely on redbull tv last year.

orena45

The last time the BBC showed the World Champs, Peaty won. So hopefully that’s a good sign for the Brits!

Edit: I’m talking BS…that was when he won at Fort Bill on the Orange 😕

simondbarnes

Hugh Porter is commentating

legend
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    Oh man, the commentary is going to suck isnt it !

They’ll defo find a way to ruin it!

Edit:
    There you go

simondbarnes – Member

P-Jay
    Free Member

Wowzers, last time I sure it on ‘proper’ telly was when the Worlds was at Ft. Bill, I don’t recall it being on when Peaty won but I wouldn’t argue.

RBTV is a proper chaotic mess at the best of times, I wouldn’t discount them having it.

mikey74
    Free Member

Queue “if you’re new to the sport of DH mountain biking…..” explanations every 30 seconds.

mikey74
    Free Member

Yes,I know: wrong spelling of “cue”. Anyway, does anyone know if it’s gonna be on iPlayer?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://mtbworldscairns.com.au/EVENT.html#msg-box4-o
    Well no mention of redbull which is a massive shame, alternative commentary will be provided if you want me via Skype….

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I’ll probably watch it but dh mountain biking without Rob Warner commentating just isn’t right 🙁

shifter
    Free Member

simondbarnes – Member

They had him commentating on the BMX at the Olympics in 2012 – it was plain wrong.

Edit. Wasn’t he “retired”?

sweaman2
    Free Member

Seems to be Fox Sports… is this the Fox of USA fame? Quite a change if that’s the case.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fox/Sky/Murdoch empire

Kahurangi

I’m sure rob will do a live stream so that we can watch on the beeb but listen to his commentary 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well given the show is getting going I’ve not seen anything Oz related in instagram from him or Claudio (in China apparently) and if Red Bull ain’t paying…

P-Jay
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    Well given the show is getting going I’ve not seen anything Oz related in instagram from him or Claudio (in China apparently) and if Red Bull ain’t paying…

That’s the first thing I did.. stalk them on social media.

As you say, Claudio’s in China which is a fairly common stop-over going to Aus, but…

Rob’s been quite for a week.

Still, can’t wait for this Geezer’s course preview!

finbar
    Free Member

I love the BBC as much as anyone, but on this, they can suck it.

Best case scenario we get Ed Leigh commentating, but I bet he’ll still have Clare Baldwin or some other moron as a foil.

kayla1
    Free Member

Sigh… that ^.

chakaping
    Free Member

Please don’t speak that way about Ms Balding.

I’m sure Hugh P is a wind-up. Better be anyway!

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Best case scenario we get Ed Leigh

Dark days we live in.

kayla1
    Free Member

😆

#prayfordownhill

matt_outandabout

Could be worse, could be Boardman…

muggomagic

Worse bit is we won’t get a Claudio course preview if he’s not out there with Red Bull 😮

chakaping
    Free Member
    moonsaballoon

Last year there was a half hour highlights show of the worlds including Xc and trials on the iPlayer and I’m pretty sure warner did the commentary for it , but if I remember rightly it was without Claudio so he must of done it after , so hopefully the Beeb have got him onboard again

markshires
    Free Member

Anyone remember one of the winter Olympics a few years back when they had the snowboarding on and got the equivalent redbull commentators? They got over excited making it more interesting, but apparently they got a load of complaints afterwards.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I always look forward to Claudio’s course preview, I think him and Rob Warner are like a proper double act now. Him and and Warner from a few years ago before he got toned down a bit are what the commentary should be like 😉

It would be nice if the BBC coverage wasn’t crap but I think deep down we all know it will be 😆

MSP

It might be broadcast by the UCI on their youtube channel as well, although I can’t find any details, I am pretty sure that is how they handle road and BMX so the could well be bringing mountain bike inline.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

moonsaballoon – Member
    Last year there was a half hour highlights show of the worlds including Xc and trials on the iPlayer and I’m pretty sure warner did the commentary for it , but if I remember rightly it was without Claudio so he must of done it after , so hopefully the Beeb have got him onboard again

Red Bull did the race last time and probably sold the highlights package on after.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 255 total)

The topic ‘UCI Downhill Mountain Bike World Championships on the BBC [contains spoilers p4]’ is closed to new replies.